[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

uncomputability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: slide_2.jpg (107KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_2.jpg
107KB, 960x720px
I found very disturbing that there are infinite uncountable problems which are uncomputable.
>>
>>8541251
Was there something you wanted to discuss, or are you just blogging?
>>
>>8541251
Well you should know that a lot of those infinite "not computable" problems are pretty silly.

For example if you have problems A and B, and they are both uncomputable, you can have a different new problem C which ask you tou solve A and later B, and there you go, C is also uncomputable. Later you can do B&A, or A&A&B... and so on.

Infinite problems... well.
>>
>>8541258
Just announcing my frustration to the world :D

but comments are welcome, of course
>>
>>8541258
kek
>>
>>8541263
I want to solve them all!

I think some God (the entity that started the universe simulation we are living) didn't wanted us to know if we are a simulation, so, we can't solve a lot a problems, probably if we could solve them we could determine if we are a simulation
>>
>>8541263

The vast majority of irrational numbers are not computable, perhaps some of the universe constants (like G) are not computable
>>
>>8541251

The interesting part is that there exist classes of algorithms which may compute some undecidable problems.

Consider the advice class P/poly: it can actually solve the unary halting problem!
>>
>>8541274
I think you don't belong here.
>>
>>8541300

I like that idea
>>
>>8541307
where?
>>
>>8541251
'Problems' here are languages, just a set of strings. Most are completley unintresting. Still is pretty cool though

>>8541300
P/1 can solve the unary halting problem because only one TM can be encoded with length n. Even theoretically that's kind of crap
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.