/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /sci/ence of Laziness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: miyamoto_balls.jpg (149KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto_balls.jpg
149KB, 1024x683px
Is laziness genetic, or is it only inherited from your environment?

Blogpost: Both my father and mother are very lazy people, which has resulted in them, for example, going into a shit-ton of debt because they were too lazy to pay the rent for a few months. And in general they have pretty shitty attitudes in that they have never led a disciplined lifestyle and they just want to sit around and look on the internet all day, and they have a hard time just enjoying life in general. I love them, but I wish they would realize that a disciplined attitude can reap great rewards, even if it doesn't bring immediate satisfaction. And I look at myself, and I see that I am in many ways just like them. I am an awful procrastinator, and I dread taking on any kind of responsibility. So I think, either through genetics or by being around them for all my life, that I have inherited these traits from my parents. But I try my best to be better than them. I want to break free from these chains.
>>
>>8540356
My mom is lazy by nature, but my dad made her become a less lazy person. Laziness can be overcome if you have the right reasons to do it.
>>
Fucking stupid chinks?

Where's the wise and funny one?
>>
>>8540356
Shouldn't you chinks be listening to Micah, putting on wise wigs and plotting 'happy cannibalism'? Stop fucking life.
>>
>>8540356
I think laziness is the universal human trait for evolutionary reasons. The brain sucks enormous bodily energy and turning portions of it off, or loafing around to utilize full brain power might make sense in some situations.

Some people think greed is a universal trait but me thinks that is just a means to an end, to be lazy. Many people pretend to be busy when they are really being lazy. Africans probably have this down to a science and look a the first world, scurrying around, increasing productivity, just to give Africans the excess. Pure genius maybe?
>>
>>8540595
>>8540596
>chinks

I'm white, nigga.
>>
Laziness is a beneficial thing to life. Not a willingness to not do something, but being lazy in your endeavors is good. It's smarter to build a trap to catch fish than spend your whole day fishing with a rod.

Being lazy doesn't necessarily make you dumb. Given the society that we live in it can be a net benefit to you not to pay your bills since we have a social safety net and depending on what you actually owe, it can be worth it to gamble as a company stands to lose money by taking you to court and purchasing lawyers in order to get you to cough up a $80 cable bill. What's dumb is when you have someone who takes on charges they know they can't cover when they have valuable assets to lose. There is a difference between being lazy in action and being stupid.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.