[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math Grade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: grades.png (37KB, 1203x353px) Image search: [Google]
grades.png
37KB, 1203x353px
I failed Pre-Calculus 1 with a 1.3 GPA and had to retake the class. I was so nervous at the possibility of failing twice/ getting below the required pre-requisite of 75% (2.0) in the class and I end up passing with an 85% (3.0)! This may have not been a big deal for others, but it was a big milestone for me since i struggled the first time around. #EngineerGoals
>>
you got 85% and only received a 3.0?
What's considered a failing mark then?
>>
>>8538269
Precalc is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 105 so that enough spots in Calc I are open for people ""smart"" enough for it.
>>
>>8538271
and Calc 1 is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 110 so that enough spots in Calc 2 are open for people ""smart"" enough for it, which is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 115 so that enough spots in Calc 3 are open for people ""smart"" enough for it, which is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 120 so that enough spots in DiffEq and Linear Algebra are open for people ""smart"" enough for it, which is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 125 so that enough spots in Real Analysis are open for people ""smart"" enough for it, which is basically a course to weed out people who are lazy or have an IQ below 130 so that enough spots in actual mathematics courses are open for people smart enough for it.
>>
File: perce.png (30KB, 1228x266px) Image search: [Google]
perce.png
30KB, 1228x266px
>>8538270
Here is the grading scale
>>
>>8538269
Hey great job OP, keep up the hard work!
>>
>>8538276
hahahhahaha that was hilarious!!!
>>
>>8538269
>#EngineerGoals
this gave you away as a troll

an engineer undergrad bragging about getting a B in precalc, it's pretty good bait desu

guaranteed many replies
>>
How in the hell did you only take precalc in college? I think you're going to have a hard time with an engineering major if you need to take precalc in your first semester.
>>
File: diffyq.png (90KB, 566x892px) Image search: [Google]
diffyq.png
90KB, 566x892px
Oh I also went to that college, during highschool, here are my 4.0 in calc iv and diffy q. It was to trivial so I left to university.
>>
>>8538300
There are many engineers who started off with precalc in college. I had to take some developmental classes, but that wont discourage me from learning and moving on.
>>
File: calc iv.png (112KB, 526x1272px) Image search: [Google]
calc iv.png
112KB, 526x1272px
here is my calc iv, I was fucking lazy but I know my maths
>>
>>8538310
You failed precalc, good luck with calc series. Just drop out now and save your money, time and effort. It's just not for you
>>
>>8538306
Yeah, cuz they actually give points past a 100. Any school that cushions grading that hard isn't with much
>>
>>8538311
>takes basic multivar
>I know my maths
I think at least pretending calculus isn't the easiest math would be useful for your stay on /sci/
>>
over 100 is the theoretical grade, the actual grade caps at 100. Keep your assumption to yourself neet.
>>
File: 1481343541250.png (390KB, 1280x729px) Image search: [Google]
1481343541250.png
390KB, 1280x729px
>>8538269

>He took precalculus
>>
>>8538327
Everyone starts from the bottom. most quit halfway. but i do not have that luxury if i want to be successful.
>>
math/science just isn't for you, switch to pottery I know that school offers.
>>
File: me.png (245KB, 445x663px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
245KB, 445x663px
>>8538276
>tfw to intelligent to pass my exams
>>
>>8538269
Wow nice blog OP, 10/10
>>
>failed Calculus I three times
>breezed through Calculus II/III, Diff Eq, and Linear Algebra

And now I'm a piece of shit software engineer who hopefully never has to use stupid fucking math again. I hate math with a passion and I hate all of you.
>>
>>8539736
1+3=2
>>
>>8538279
this scale is retarded. 90-93, 93-96, 96-100 should be A-, A, A+. Need to give a little bit of leeway to factor in having a shit day and the likes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.