[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My only food for two days & water. Question bout salt levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mandarines.jpg (8KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
mandarines.jpg
8KB, 260x260px
Had only been eating fruits (oranges and mandarines) for a couple of days and also drinking a lot of water.
Result: washed out all the sodium in my body.

So first I overly rapidly corrected my low salt levels by eating pasta with vegetables and about 5G+ of salt, did this induce a state of hypernatremia to my body since I got alot thirsty (from now too high salt levels)?
>In fact, overly rapid correction of hyponatremia is the most common cause of that potentially devastating disorder. (wiki)

Then I fixed this thing to quickly back by drinking three cups... now its not very much but just feeling a bit chocked by the "devestating effects"
>However, overly rapid correction of hypernatremia is potentially very dangerous.

My points are; correcting your body levels rapidly seems dangerous: which levels of amounts/time correction between these states are _really_ dangerous?

sry for WoT, seems to be no health board here except fitness and actually wrote this thread on /b/ but here u go trusted /sci/.
>>
Wow dude you might wanna not do that
>>
>>8535553
Shit dude, can you eat like a normal human being for five seconds?
>>
>>8535560
Its a bit over dramaticated.
I did not just eat five grams of salt at once from nothing (five grams is somewhere around the daily amount and it was mixed out with food)
I warmed up the last 12 hours by eating a handful of salty breads, some with butter.

And of course not all the sodium was washed out before that either, probably left here and there from previous days of normal eating.

Just got worried that I might had to drink a fourth and fifth glass to quince the thirst but it seems to be normal and I feel better than the last 24h.

But yes I was a bit chocked about knowing of the rapid correction dangers, not the hypo/hypernas themselves..
>>
Jesus Christ, OP. Why would you do this to yourself?
>>
>>8535623
1. Having bad appetite resulted in only eating fruits.
2. Drinking only water for a day.
3. Unable to sleep because of hunger
4. Decided to fix everything with a meal.
5. >It was probably not 5grams truly administrated because it was poured into the pasta water.
6. Got thirsty (no shit)
7. Drank three glasses of water.
8. Deciding to read on wikipedia
9. Wtf
10. Unable to sleep because I must monitor my mental and physicall state.
11. Being tired exeggerates hypochondria.
>At least I am not hungry.

I do think I am fine, at least for the moment.
Just struck me that I never learned about this before, dangers about eating your whole "normal but high" amount per day of salt at once.
>>
>The dose 3,300 mg/kg is 3.3 grams/kg. Half of 60-kg adults ingesting 198 grams (7 oz.) of salt would be expected to die of it, assuming no other health problems. The daily allowance for salt seems to be 6 g (1/5 oz.; taken from the label on Morton salt).

But its not the LD50 to worry about, its the rapid correction.
>>
>>8535553
>no health board.

But there should be, a board to discuss health but not to solely give advice. Would this site be liable for misleading health advice? Id love to be able to discuss my health issues with smart people... and /sci/ just wants to make fun of my mother.
>>
>>8535674
op here, yes you're right, hypochondrically asking about / discussing personal health problems on this site might not be very rewarding, not even around here.
that is why I tried to package it into a question of when its actually dangerous, kinda out of my own case but even more so out of curiosity.
if someone is feeling bad they should probably call the medline not 4co
>>
>>8535553
>oranges and mandarines contain no sodium
no.jpg
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.