[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could /sci/ help me find the area of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161212_133259.jpg (548KB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161212_133259.jpg
548KB, 1944x1944px
Could /sci/ help me find the area of this?
>>
File: 14815788889861905782252.jpg (2MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14815788889861905782252.jpg
2MB, 5376x3024px
And this
>>
Bump, I'm looking to solve it.
>>
>>8534646
you have the base and height of a triangle which is 1/6th of the total triangle

>>8534653
you have the base and height of a triangle which is 1/12th the area of the hexagon

post your shit in the stupid questions thread idiot
>>
>>8534646
Multiply the radius by the base, divide that by two, then multiply by three. You can cut that triangle into 3 equal parts can't you?

Then yeah
>>
Is the first triangle equilateral ? Because if that is the case, it should be a piece of cake, and same thing for the second one (if it's a regular polygon).
>>
>>8534646
Imagine that length went all the way through the triangle, it would create a pair of right triangles with the hypotenuse and long side known. Because it's equilateral you know that all the angles are 60 and when you cut it up you get two 30 60 90 triangles.

(Hint the bisector piece is 1/3 of the total length of the total bisector)

You do a similar thing for the second one, just make a bunch of triangles (there's an easier way to do it, but I haven't done geometry in something like 8 years)
>>
>>8534646
The area is -1/12
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.