[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTTDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ilt.png (16KB, 489x716px) Image search: [Google]
ilt.png
16KB, 489x716px
Anyone have tricks to performing Inverse Laplace Transforms? I get it conceptually but as far as manipulating the question I usually get lost or don't know where to start.
>>
What don't you get?
>>
>>8532894
usually the equations start out not even close to the form they need to be in to solve them. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks, or tips on what to look for when you are given something crazy and expected to make something out of it.
>>
>>8532917
learn what the standard transformations are, like [1] and [t^n]
For things like cos or sinh use the exponential forms.

You can just directly integrate and evaluate it
>>
>>8532877
The expression for which you're trying to find the inverse transform is usually rational (i.e. a ratio of polynomials in s).

In that case, the first step is to factor the denominator. The second step is partial fraction expansion, i.e. re-write the expression as the sum of e_i/(s-r_i) terms where the r_i are the roots. If you have repeated roots, then you need to use e1/(s-r)+e2/(s-r)"2 etc (as e1/(s-r)+e2/(s-r) will only give you (s-r) in the denominator rather than (s-r)^2).

Typically, the degree of the numerator is one less than that of the denominator, so the e_i will be polynomials of degree one less than the denominator.

Once you've done that, the individual fractions will usually have fairly straightforward inverse transforms, and L^-1{F+G}=L^-1{F}+L^-1{G}.

If the polynomials have high degree, you will often have to find the roots of the denominator numerically.

Finding the e_i for high-degree polynomials is usually done using the residue method:

Consider f(s)/g(s) = e1/(s-r1)+e2/(s-r2)+e3/(s-r3)+... where the denominator g(s)=((s-r1)(s-r2)(s-r2)...) with all roots distinct. The numerator f(s) is
f(s) = e1/(s-r1)+e2/(s-r2)+e3/(s-r3)+...
= e1(s-r2)(s-r3)... + e2(s-r1)(s-r3)... + e3(s-r1)(s-r2)... + ...

Note that each term has a factor of (s-r_i) for all r_i except the one matching e_i, so f(r_i) will have all terms except one equal to zero, leaving you with f(r_i)=e_i(s-r1)(s-r2)...., so e_i=f(r_i)/(g(s)/(s-r_i)).
>>
>>8532877
Is Schrodinger's cat the quantization of the Monty Hall Problem? Or would the uncertainty principal come into play somehow?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.