[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finals General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 25

File: 1471573830599.jpg (373KB, 850x566px) Image search: [Google]
1471573830599.jpg
373KB, 850x566px
Your method of studying for finals?

On Monday I have a final for Foundations for Theoretical Mathematics (math class that introduces rigorous foundations for logic, sets, relations, functions, various proof strategies, etc...) and on Tuesday I have a final for Linear Algebra.

I have one day each to prepare for these finals. Should I do a few complete runs through my notes? Retake my exams? Read the book?

What's the most effective way to reinforce what I've learned throughout the semester?

General finals thread
>>
I wake up early in the morning, make a nice breakfast, shower, bundle myself in the warmest comfiest blanket I can find, sit outside sipping tea while working through the material until I get too cold, then I come in and work until lunch, occasionally warming up my tea, I eat a big lunch, and then take a nap.
>>
Go do previously assigned homework problems until you understand the material.
>>
>>8532671
I'm "preparing" for my Calc II final tomorrow.

I just have a tab with this: https://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kouba/ProblemsList.html

and whenever I get bored of the internet I just click one of the pages and scroll down and do the last problem.

Too bad they have no volume of revolution, improper integrals or infinite series problems, I'll have to check out some other website.
>>
Redo old tests, search online for finals and do them. If a concept is iffy, go to the book or an online resource. Do homework problems. Look for online practice problems.
>>
>>8532715
http://blumenfeldcalc.com/

I did a shit of these tests for my infinite series exam
>>
>>8532733
Hey, that's pretty good.
>>
>>8532747
>>8532733

Wait no, not pretty good! Just okay.

This website doesn't show the procedure. 0/10 man what the fuck. What if I get stuck in a problem and then want to see what I'm supposed to do?

And it won't tell me if I'm right or wrong until I finish the entire page and submit. I just want to do the last problem, not the entire list of brainlet problems.

This website is making me type shit into wolframalpha to check my asnwers. -50/10 man.
>>
Finite element Analysis on Monday, then I'm getting raped with Abstract Algebra, Mechanical vibrations, and aerodynamics consecutively on Wednesday.
>>
>>8532759
Will show solutions once you finished the exam if you click "show solution". Yeah having to do the entire exam is a drawback but you can just do the problems that you want and then submit your answers.
>>
>>8532715
Look up proffessor leanard on youtube.
Man is the reason I got an a in calc 2.
>>
>>8532763
you'll be a broken, beaten womyn by the end of it all.
>>
>>8532788
>Look up proffessor leanard on youtube.
>youtube

I appreciate the suggestion but I dropped videos when I was like 15. Turns out that if you read the material you can consume it 10 times faster. Funny that I had to learn this after being a video-learner for years instead of just starting with books by default but you know, I was born with the internet.
>>
giving up
>>
>>8532812

This, I have a massive sinus infection throbbing across my face. pain pill making me tired. Can't concentrate for shit.

Even if I fail my finals I still have all A's. I can't even care at this fucking point. Im done.
>>
>>8532793
It's hard to maintain a pace when reading, but the timed nature of videos makes it easier to maintain a consistent rate of knowledge consumption.
>>
>>8532817
How is this possible.
>>
What I'm trying to start doing, is at the end of every term, I'll compile all of my notes from the whole term into OneNote for quick reference in future classes. It's a big chore that requires a lot of self discipline, but I imagine it would be a great way to study for finals.
>>
Use the routine that the semester's classes forces you into to get a lot of productive work done. Treat it like a 9-5 and take it seriously. When you feel as though you're forgetting it, go back over it. Play with equations and try to break them, experiment with them at their boundaries, plot them etc. If you're even slightly unsure of something, ask someone to explain it to you

If you can keep up the discipline the entire semester, studying for finals will become extremely easy and you can spend relaxed comfy hours sipping coffee and doing some light revision in the library while everyone else around you loses their shit. If you're lucky, they'll ask you about it, which makes you teach them, which is a good way to cement the concepts.
>>
I go to my favorite coffee shop. Check out cute girls. Redo old exams and then grade/check my work. Take notes on anything I missed and understand why I missed a particular problem (checking whether it's conceptional or careless).

I studied so hard in the class throughout the semester and did so well on every exam I'm not in freak out mode. It's mostly light studying and going through every problem type. Pretty comfy as I can solve any problem that I come across.
>>
Anybody know a good website with practice problems for DC transients, AC circuit analysis, and Laplace transforms as related to circuit analysis (for like a 2nd order circuit)?

My professor put a practice final exam on his website but I already completed it, yet I still feel unprepared and need MOAR PROBLEMS
>>
>>8532936
Fuck you
>>
File: 1281824812481.jpg (10KB, 400x300px)
1281824812481.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>perfectly prepared for exam
>almost certainly going to get 90+
>panic anyway
>>
>>8532975
this is me anon
>tfw had a panic attack about last calc exam
>thought i fucked up some parts that were easy
>got 100%

we will be fine
>>
i study unefficiently. spend too much time reading and going over proofs and never doing practice questions.
>>
>>8532969
why?
>>
>>8533007
i was planning on studying for analysis until like 5 am except you guys motivated me to change my studying by going through the assignment questions rather than just re-reading the notes.

th-thanks
>>
Best way to study is not to cram before an exam. Throughout the term, keep up with material and learn it as you go. On weekends, review everything you learned the previous week. By the time the exam rolls around, you should really know everything well.

For a class like calc that tests drills and algorithms, do as many exercises as possible.
>>
File: ET the alien.jpg (72KB, 392x456px)
ET the alien.jpg
72KB, 392x456px
>>8532671
I'm telling myself that if I study(I don't want to study right now. feeling that burnout) that I'll get to dive into some exciting stuff like the uncovered (very interesting) parts of my chemistry textbook that covered radioactivity. I'll also get into some good pleasure reading and I'm going to spend copious amounts of time playing xbox because I don't care anymore.
>>
>>8533013
Because he's/you're going to probably get good grades on his finals and I will not.
>>
File: 56323689.jpg (72KB, 476x314px)
56323689.jpg
72KB, 476x314px
>>8533088
It's ok anon.
We will do good next semester when we get our shit together.
>>
File: 1467209973525.png (92KB, 295x229px)
1467209973525.png
92KB, 295x229px
>>8533101
There won't be a next semester if I don't get good grades in this one. It's the end of the line for me I'm afraid. God speed anon.
>>
>>8533137
What classes are giving you trouble?
>>
>>8533143
Physics Mechanics
>>
>>8533148
Shit. I'm taking that next term. Any advice?
>>
>>8533162
Don't get behind like I did. Do the homework in the book, don't be lazy, ask for help if needed.
>>
>>8533162
also: stay off /sci/ when you need to study
>>
>>8533174
>>8533169

Thanks. Good luck.
>>
>>8532793
yeah and it seems you still have the social skills of a 15 year old as well
>>
File: 1479926287880.jpg (145KB, 1600x900px)
1479926287880.jpg
145KB, 1600x900px
>learn marathon 6 weeks before all exams

First exams ever. Hopefully this is gonna work senpais

coffee, pizza and ramen will be my best friends in this time.
>>
>>8533279
6 weeks is more than 10% of a year. be smart. people have gone insane in less time than that
>>
>>8533279
Aw, I remember when I was a doe-eyed and enthusiastic young freshman.

God, was it really only two years ago? Feels like a lifetime.
>>
>>8533404
not him but what do you mean with ' have gone insane'?
>>
>>8532975
This is me every semester

Even my profs have told me to stop worrying.
>>
Usually what I do is redo any and all previous quizzes, tests, and exams. Particularly for math courses; this tends to help prepare me the best. I have my Calculus II exam this Friday, I'm relatively confident even though I haven't even begun studying for it yet.

Anyone have any tips for studying for a physics exam, or just studying physics in general? Currently I just study the readings and redo old homework problems. I understand the basic concepts, although I do have some issues with them at first I do eventually understand them, and when I do homework problems I understand them well and I'm able to do them with relative ease. However whenever I have an in-class exam I freeze up and find myself completely blanking. Suddenly I can't even do basic problems. I've gotten 60s on my two previous Physics exams because of this and I don't know how to fix it. I understand the concepts and applications, the problems just seem so much more difficult when I'm taking the exams. Could I just be getting nervous and psyching myself out? Maybe I'm just not properly preparing myself beforehand? Not doing well on my exams makes me feel like I'm incapable of properly learning physics. I wanted to study it as my major and I've been having some serious second thoughts. If I can't even do well in Physics I, how will I do in more advanced courses? Am I just too stupid to understand physics or am I just not studying efficiently?
>>
>>8532671
Finals are in January in my country.

First one is theory of Information, easy shit. It's basically discrete probability a preschooler could do.

Second is mathematics for the engineer, another easy one, but finals tends to be a tricky. Will need to study a bit for it

Then it's Java programming classes and network architecture, which is kinda hard but nothing to worry about.

Honestly, the one I will have to work the most for is German.

Feels great having already done Calculus and Algebra, though feels bad being a shitty computer science engineer.
>>
OP here. Just got done with my first final. I read the defs, wroye fown the theorems, and reworked the prev exams. Went pretty well. Thanks errbody
>>
>>8532872

Final is worth 20% of the grade.

Have near perfect in the other 80%

So even if I get a F on the final 50% that is still 10+80 and I will have an A overall.
>>
>>8532817
>>8534926
Except if the exam is curved and everyone else has near 100% on the other portion.
>>
>>8534181
As someone taking phyiscs, there's two possibilities

You're not smart enough (doubtful)

You're psyching yourself out

Physics is just applied math, visualize the problem and then put the formulas in.

If you're struggling HARD with basic mechanics (still with calculus I assume) then it's something to consider, maybe doing something else, because it doesn't get easier.

You probably have an electricity and magnetism class for phys 2 and optics for phys 3. Those are both I would say "the same" in terms of difficulty, but it is a lot of information.

I think the best way to do it is to do a breadth of problems, rather than just a lot. Do 2 easy, 2 mod, 2 hard is better than doing 10 mod IMO.

What are you specifically struggling with?
>>
Just got my finals back
linear algebra/PDE/complex analysis/random math for phys majors: 63 (class avg 65)
quantum mechanics: 58 (final avg unknown, midterm avg was 48 and had similar reactions)
advanced mechanics: 62 (class avg 49)

After the curves I'm looking at a C in the math class, a B in advanced mechanics, and ???? in quantum
>had a 3.94 gpa going into junior year
>RIP
>mfw started looking at alternatives to grad school
>>
>>8534988
>and ???? in quantum
Your grade is currently in superposition, just don't observe it and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8534988
You're fine, jesus physics majors are always freaking out about shit.

Half the grad students here barely passed QM. You'll be okay homeboy.
>>
>>8534998
10/10 thank you good sir
>>
>>8534998
>implying a superposition is what's going on in reality and not just a statement of imperfect knowledge

psiontological fags go home
>>
>>8535008
I was just making a joke about how his grade in QM was unknown, autismo.
>>
>>8535010
No shit I was just making a joke on the current state of QM being an argumentative basically philosophical question on whether or not the wave fumction describes our knowledge of reality or reality itself.
>>
>>8535014
Loophole free Bell test, nigga. Philosopfags don't want you to know this one simple trick.
>>
>>8535005
I get all scared and pee myself when they say you aren't competitive for grad school without a 3.5
That's like the top 10% of my class, I'm something around top 30-40% this semester.
>austimic stress ensues
>>
>>8534965
I think it has a lot to do with me psyching myself out. I'm not having trouble with basic mechanics, calculus is easy for me. Honestly, it's hard for me to say exactly what it is that I'm struggling with.

I understand the concepts. I may not grasp them immediately, but I do ultimately come to an understanding of them. I understand the math behind the concepts, when to apply which equations, etc. I think it has to do with maybe my comprehension of questions or something. It's like suddenly I don't know what any of the problems are asking for and I freeze. All the problems seem a hundred times harder than any of the hw ones and I end up confusing myself. Now that you mention taking a moment to visualize the problem, I don't really do that. I usually just sort of jump right in, hoping to get the exam done in time.

Here's an example of how I screw up:
On the last exam there was a question that asked me to find the distance between the center of the carbon atom and the center of the entire CO molecule. It's obviously a simple center of mass problem, which I KNOW how to do. However, during the exam I didn't even recognize that it was a center of mass problem. I actually left the exam wondering why my professor didn't put a single center of mass problem on it. Turns out I just didn't even notice it. I don't know how I could've missed that, and I felt so stupid later when I realized it.

So now I figure I'm too stupid or just studying wrong or something, but maybe it all just boils down to how I'm psyching myself out.

Is there some way I could fix the fact that I can't figure out what the problems are looking for? Any sort of method I could follow?
>>
>>8535224
Did you draw a diagram/picture first?
>>
>>8535277
Mentally, yes. Physically, no.
Guess that's where I fucked up.

Is that really all it would take to help me? A visual representation? Fuck, man. I'm literally an idiot.

Thank you, anon
>>
>>8534926
>Feels great having already done Calculus and Algebra, though feels bad being a shitty computer science engineer.

>final 20% worth of grade
>not even 50%
>not 100%

Americans, stay classy.
>>
>>8536075
>>Feels great having already done Calculus and Algebra, though feels bad being a shitty computer science engineer.
>Americans, stay classy.

I'm not an American. I have finals in January. I did Algebra and Calculus in 2nd year.
Finals are worth about 40% of the grade, but having more than 8/20 is mandatory.
>>
>>8536081
I just don't understand how NOT having 100% final is allowed at all. That's why I'm mad.
>>
>>8536083
>favouring bruteforce learning instead of gradual knowledge acquisition
>>
I don't really do anything special for finals. Steady strain throughout the semester, maybe go over anything that was a particular sticking point. Get a good amount of sleep and eat food. Meh.
>>
>>8532671
>theoretical mathematics

...Seriously?
>>
>>8532975
I do this too
>>
"PIG-MAN" JAP'S INGRESS'S SkipAway.
>>
>too depressed to study for finals
>fuck it only need 50s on them for As
>sleep and watch Netflix
>take finals
>make a 60 something on one
>make a 70 something on the other
>cool
>still have As in those classes

Seriously though, going through old material such as old homework problems and looking over old tests is what I do when I don't get too depressed to study. Specifically look at problems you struggled with first and then look at the easier problems.
>>
>>8532788
This. That guy is the real mvp
>>
File: 111118431.jpg (30KB, 316x202px)
111118431.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>write exam with very loudly banned calculators
>not a single integer answer and 2/3 of them have denominators larger than 10
>>
>>8535413
You'd be surprised how much it helps for those problems you just can't get your head quite around
>>
File: 1390133679001.png (285KB, 520x539px) Image search: [Google]
1390133679001.png
285KB, 520x539px
>someone asks for help with the most difficult concept in a class you took 2 years ago
>>
>>8533038
Is this shopped?
>>
>>8536466
How much are your finals weighed? Mine are usually worth a quarter of my grade.
>>
>>8532691
What do you make for breakfast
>>
>>8532671
past year exams. just work through as many as you can.
>>
>>8532671
I study the whole quarter, so I don't really do much for studying for finals. It's especially nice when instructors don't assign homework from the book, because then I just work the problems from the book the whole quarter.
>>
>>8535036

Me too, my gpa is about to dip below 3.5 and I am absolutely freaking the fuck out.

I don't even want to get into a nice grad school, literally I'd be happy with any grad school. Am I just completely fucked?
>>
>>8537759

I'm curious about this also, I'm about to have a GPA down near 3.1 after this semester. I think I might just drop out and succumb to being a brainlet wagecuck with a GPA this low. God I'm depressed about it.

All I wanted was to go into research.
>>
>>8537725

Not him but I'm trying to have some nice protein filled breakfasts before my finals.
>>
File: 1480932377504.jpg (58KB, 640x960px)
1480932377504.jpg
58KB, 640x960px
>mfw 6-9 PM Structures II exam one hour ago
>mfw 8 AM Geotechnical Engineering exam tomorrow morning
>mfw still wired from the pot of coffee I downed this afternoon to have kept me awake and alert
>mfw cannot sleep now
>>
>>8537867
I have a 7:30 am final man like what the fuck the class is at 8am already why make it earlier
>>
>>8537427
no lel
>>
>>8537782

Depends on the school dude.
>>
>>8536586
I'm convinced weird fractions are some twisted tradition of fucking with undergrads.
"273/113? There's no way they'd assign a something like that..."
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 208x243px)
images.jpg
4KB, 208x243px
Finished second final (linear algebra) and it was easy as fuck. Wayyyyyyyy easier than the practice final exams i looked up.

I think i may be attending a meme school. Feels bad.
>>
>>8537782
At UC Berkeley, 3.1 is good enough to land you a research position and potentially grad school with full funding, depending on the major. Granted, not like, MIT, but a decent grad school.
>>
>>8538070
probably. i feel like if you don't come out of every final exam feeling either destroyed or doubtful you're probably not getting the most rigorous education
>>
File: 4c3.png (29KB, 234x347px)
4c3.png
29KB, 234x347px
>mfw every question on the final is copy and pasted from the homework to the point where he even copy pasted the typos
>get 100
Sometimes lazy professors can be good
>>
>>8538104
A prof at my school told me to go to a school where the other students are so smart they make you feel like a retard (his words).
>>
>>8538142
is it worth the low self-esteem and crushing work ethic? idk i guess who knows lol
>>
>>8538147
Depends on how much you like the subject. This guy literally loves math.
>>
>>8538104
However... It is the first time I've been able to get As across the board, so perhaps I don't mind.
>>
>>8535413
Physical pictures and drawing coordinate systems do the trick for me
>>
>>8532992
No because I'm going to fail my calc exam and my parents will disown me and I'll get kicked out of university and live the rest of my life as street trash in some hick town up north
>>
>>8538085

How is this possible? Everyone makes such a huge deal about having their fucking 3.5 gpa's? How can I even compete with my 3.1? It's like /sci/ gave me bad advice or something.
>>
>>8538586

r u me? I'm bracing for that fucking D grade in my discrete that I know I'm going to get. God I just want to cry. When I look at the last years exam he gave us, half of the questions on it I have absolutely no idea how to even begin. I'm going to be lucky to come out alive with a 40% or something retarded.

I'm bracing for no curve. Also, it is at fucking 7am tomorrow. The class is normally at fucking 8? They are literally just setting us up to fail.
>>
>prof Leonard
guy is pretty OK but no specific cases

could you give me an example of your calc 1 finals?
>>
>>8539013
Get in there and do your best, son. Your mother and I know you can do it!
>>
>>8538142

but anon, if I don't go to the dumb school and make all the dummies feel stupid, how will the school ever improve?

This is the same argument against charter schools, you literally need a mix of dumb and smart or the dumb people will never get their shit together.
>>
>>8532671
Not studying and then asking myself why I don't remember what's on the final.
>>
>>8539679

I just got out of a final. Probably got an A on it. I'll still probably only get a B in the class though, feels bad...
>>
>>8539742
I always do the exact opposite

I go into the exam with a nearly perfect grade in the class so far and then write a mediocre final and drag it down
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1358x761px)
image.png
2MB, 1358x761px
>tfw my finals are in January
>>
File: 1445211416399.jpg (63KB, 584x643px)
1445211416399.jpg
63KB, 584x643px
Got B's in my Advance Statistics and Evolutionary Epigenetics classes in grad school

It's all over isn't it. I was so depressed I couldn't even get A's in two relatively simple classes
>>
>>8540119
>in grad school
>not getting A's
you're either far too brainlet to be there or not taking it seriously
>>
>>8540132
the latter I'm super depressed I spent 80 hours on Dark Souls instead of studying
>>
So I just bombed my Calc I final. I thought I was going to do well since I studied my ass off. Now I see it's not so much studying but replicating the urgent environment when taking a test. Basically timing myself.

Anyway how do you guys cheer up after being so disappointed in yourselves as I am right now in me?
>>
File: 74192083721.png (270KB, 556x420px) Image search: [Google]
74192083721.png
270KB, 556x420px
I fucking winged my Orgo final and I don't give an eighth of a shit about it anymore
>>
Tfw E&M 2 (chapters 1-6 griffiths) final tomorrow at noon. Currently have a ~93% but I need at 95% to get an A+ and it's not possible. F my life.
>>
>>8540190
smoke a bunch of weed
>>
>>8536607
>>8538406

Alright, I'll definitely try it out. I'm pretty sure it'll help, I feel retarded for not having tried that out. It should be my easiest physics exam yet; I've studied my ass off for it. Thank you guys for the suggestion.
>>
File: girls jsut wana have fun.png (831KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
girls jsut wana have fun.png
831KB, 900x562px
Any orgo 1 fags?
>>
>>8540308
I've failed Orgo twice now and just cannot bring myself to give a shit about it in any way, shape, or form :^)
>>
any chemically inclined individuals in late undergrad or post grad know if theres a semester i'll have that was harder than this one? wondering because if this is as hard as it gets i could probably pull my gpa up more than where it's at given my behavior freshmen year
>>
>>8540501
just wrapped up my orgo 1, quant chem, and genetics semester, easy shit, see >>8540775
>>
>>8540501
nah. Thankfully orgo 2
>>
>>8532793
Playback at double speed.
>>
>>8540522
nigga just learn the mechanisms and periodicity
>>
>>8540778
whats that like relative to orgo 1? more NMR and Mechanisms is what im predicting
>>
File: 1481089246348.png (607KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1481089246348.png
607KB, 1106x1012px
>final exam before I can graduate
>8 hours away
>haven't started studying
>>
>>8540501

Sup. Just finished Honors Orgo I. Got a B. Shit was the hardest class I've ever taken.
>>
>>8540777

The later Orgos are pretty hard. Depending on your school and professor, Orgo I can be brutal, or fucking nothing. If you guys didn't deeply cover reaction mechanisms in Orgo I, then Orgo II will be waaaaayyy harder. Otherwise, you'll be doing a ton of retrosynthetic analysis, which is also hard.

You have some more P.chem to take too, which can be tough. I dunno man, it depends on how rigorous your chemistry program is. Are you majoring in biochem?
>>
How do you study for proof-based courses?

I just got my grades for Linear Algebra back, and I ended with a B, which is garbage. But, I never took a proof-based course before. The first exam was computations, then our second midterm and final were almost entirely proof based aside from orthogonal projections.

I have no idea how to study for... mathematical reasoning. What do I do? Just memorize definitions?
>>
>>8532671
Better read the old subjects and corrections of it. Work on what happened before and you'll be able to predict your subject (80% of its content)
>>
>>8540988
do more proofs
>>
>>8540991

I don't even know what really constitutes a good, rigorous proof. We can't take the proofs class at our uni until we complete Linear Algebra, which is proofs based.

I mean, I got a B, so I did fine and can move on, but it was frustrating
>>
i failed 6 years of STEM
literally unable to study
sit, panic, leave
do 1 task, make 1 week pause
fuck
>>
>last semester before bachelor's thesis
>final exam is QM
>caved in to parental pressure and got a job I knew I couldn't balance with studying at the start of the year
>now completely unprepared
thank
>>
>>8541023
i wish i was able to study... how do you guys do it?
literally everything else becomes more important than studying until it's too late.
I can't "just do it". Wat do?
>>
>>8539140

Memes aside, this post actually helped me. I didn't do anywhere near as bad as I thought I was going to.
>>
>>8541027

Last year around this time I had finals + job. I just straight up quit two weeks before finals. Best decision I made, got straight A's. Your grades are worth more than your job desu.
>>
>Monday
Marketing final, went pretty great. Guaranteed 99% in the class final score

>Tuesday
Engineering Economy
32/63 which is pretty bad, I really wish i had more time, I realized I was doing the wrong thing about halfway in. Thing is that grade really isn't too far off from my other grades in the class, so i don't know how things will turn out

>Wednesday
Fluid Mechanics
Fucking bombed it, I know at least I got a 50, with partial credit I might get up to a 65 or so. I'll still pass but I hope it isn't a D.

>Today
Thermodynamics at 1:00
100 multiple choice questions
I have a good idea of the stuff that'll be on it though, and it's open book open notes open everything except talking, so it should go well enough. We don't have unlimited time though and if the format is roughly the same as the quizzes he gives us in class, then it means every 5 or 6 problems has to do with a completely different system.

>tomorrow
Differential equations, which I'm dangerously in danger of failing, I need a 75 on the final just to pass
And lastly Kinematics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
>environmental engineering final in two hours
>barely studied cause it's open book and note
>don't give a shit because I have a 4.0 in the class and even if I don't show up and take a 0 I will have a 3.0
>3.8 and above in all other classes

fuck I hate this class.
>>
>>8534926
Oh. In my country you are fucked if something like this happens
Two exams 50% each
Fuck your homework or lists, nobody is grading that
>>
File: c31.jpg (22KB, 621x502px)
c31.jpg
22KB, 621x502px
Analytical Mechanics, Advanced Statistical Mechanics and Advanced Photonics

JUST
>>
>>8534965
Hey Anon, Medfag here. You have anxiety disorder. Your overstuding is something called Compulsion - an act to counter an Obssessive thought: Failing your exams
Anyone who has that condition, has Cortisol levels up to infinity when anxious (test time) and memory blanks are very common. Go see a psychiatrist and get some Benzodiapines
>>
Go through practice tests
Go through old homework in my notebook
Go through old tests
Commit senzuri a half hour before so my mind is completely clear
>>
>>8532671
complex analysis
group theory
systems theory
operations research
>>
the same way i study. I put on music and devote myself to my notes and the textbook.
>>
>>8540984
Honestly I find that orgo 1 is way easier and more enjoyable than both gen chems I took freshman year. The mechanisms are like little puzzles and are fun to do while bumping some music.
>>
>>8541801
devote yourself with a satanic ritual?
>>
>>8540368
tfw you kill it
feels good man
>>
>>8541136
Nice job. Remember, most difficulty is only in your head. It's a just a mental construction of your anxieties, a way for your brain to evade thinking about the topic by thinking it's "hard"
>>
>>8532671
study for more than one day doofus, if you haven't been doing that you're probably fucked.
>>
>>8540986
yeah atm im doing biochem, but my adviser (also my orgo prof) tells me to just drop the biology part whenever i want cause, as i paraphrase "biochem is a meme", luckily genetics was interesting enough and taught by a man i respect highy enough to keep me in it
>>
>>8532793
>I can't understand x
>"Now I'm going to teach you x!"
>[Intro]
>"This class is about x!"
>"This is the theory part"
>"bla bla bla"

I understand you. I always get it the moment they start to speak tho.
>>
>>8540100
HIGH FIVE!
>>
>Just finished instrumental analysis final
>No way I got higher than a 30
>Same shit with same professor last semester in quantitative analysis

FUCK YOU KEFA
>>
>>8542658

30 out of what?
>>
>>8542775
half of what my grade would have been had I not gotten twice the score of my first exam on my second.
>>
>>8532671
who /fridayfinal/ here?
I'm afraid of failure so i give myself as much time to study as possible
>>
>>8532671
>get a stack of A4 paper a week before exam
>read something from your notes
>write it on paper without looking at your notes, omitting just enough so you can follow what is written
>do it for the whole course
>reread the paper from time to time
Works every time. The only downside is that you may waste 40 or more sheets of paper if the subject is difficult.
>>
>>8543095
Doctor Fierer?

this is verbatim what my genetics professor suggests
>>
>>8532671
I study throughout the whole semester with frequent reviews of things we've previously went over instead of only the current assigned work. Then I spend extra time at the end of the semester on whatever I didn't grasp very well before. Who knew actually staying on top of studying could help so much.
>>
>>8543135
must be nice
>>
>>8542775
100 but it was an ACS exam so they're graded on a weird curve. 30 is like a high C equivalent
>>
My finals are in January.
I got a classic physic class (harmonic oscillators) that i'm extremely close to failing. I just can't fucking get it. I try to learn normally, i write down notes, I redo them.
Yet I can't get my head around it. The only way I can finish an exercise is by learning how to do them by heart, and I know that's not how you study.
Fuck me really, I've been studying way harder than the rest of the class in every course, yet I get shitty grades. I'm depressed and i've got no idea on how to continue to do this shit.
>>
>>8541151
Well, looks like I'm taking Differential Equations again next semester.
>>
File: 1456884923162.jpg (69KB, 504x470px)
1456884923162.jpg
69KB, 504x470px
I'm about to finish my 2nd out of 3 physics finals today.
>first on Wednesday going over the shit we just finished going over in class
>second today is the cumulative
>third is take home due monday over the shit we didn't get a chance to go over in class
Fuck me man, this shit sucks.
Doesn't help that I have a bunch of lab reports that I still need to finish. over the weekend and I'm moving into a new apartment.
Just fucking end me bros
>>
Project Management & Economics exam tmrw
Orbital Mechanics exam on tuesday

Guess which one i don`t give a fuck about
>>
>Go to library so I don't get distracted by all the stuff in my flat
>Go through questions, try and get a feel for the exam structure
>read up on things I don't understand using the notes / internet
>memorize essential equations because the days of formula sheets are over
>Drink lots of coffee and tea throughout
>Go through past worksheets
>Save going through past exams fully until two weeks prior
>Try and do about 9 hours a day but have to work at least 2 days a week because rent

Made some flashcards but I haven't used them much, not sure if they're really my cup of tea
>>
>>8543095
>>8543125
Isn't this the so called Feynmen method of learning ?
>>
>>8544248
I don't get it, so you just rewrite your notes in a more condensed version? How is that a "method"?
>>
>>8545099
>repetition isn't a thing

You're fucking doomed kid.
>>
chem exam in 3 days

>tfw terrible at chem
>>
>>8545104
If it's general chemistry, I've completed both semesters with an A. I could help if you'd like.
>>
>>8534926

What the fuck is this shit.
60% or get out.
>>
>>8540177
>super depressed
>spent 80 hours on Dark Souls

No, you are not depressed, you are just a lazy piece of brainlet.
>>
>>8545454
It's the different education systems in practice. European style universities make use of "pump and dump" final exams that dictate your "rank" (grade) in the class. This comes from the original university systems founded hundreds of years ago.

There is no reason that this method of grading is better. Many educators believe and some educational models show that its worse than the common method in many American universities which consists of constant drilling into a subject. The requirement to pass constant assessments that represent small over-all portions of your grade is supposed to maximize retention of material and help educators constantly assess the effectiveness of their lectures.

In reality most courses aren't planned or executed very well but I still think the tendency for "drilling-style" assessment is better than the single-exam style.

This isn't universal because some systems in Europe use an American style and some in America use the European style.

And some like Ohio state just focus on sucking at football.
>>
Linear algebra is a fucking meme.
>>
>>8545454

Nobody can see that my classes are like this outwardly from the school website, so when it comes to resume, my degree that was easy as shit will look just as good on paper as your ulcer-inducing stress fest.

Stay mad.
>>
>>8539005
It's a meme. GPA obviously makes an impact, but you should get connections and letters of recommendation.
>>
>>8546310

What are my chances of getting into an ok place with a 3.0-3.5 you think?
>>
>people said Calc II was a hard weed out class

I always knew math degrees were memes. I should minor in math because shit is too easy. This is a top 40 university, not some flyover state shithole, FYI.
>>
>>8532671
>Your method of studying for finals?

Basically I just studied from time to time. I stopped when my mind began to wonder too much or I just got way too bored and nothing was sticking.

Depending on the class there are different tactics. If it's all on lecture notes and the book then read and re-read your notes until you feel confident and take some glances at the book.
>>
>>8532788
Prof Leonard is goat
>>
>>8546949
>not getting at least 1/2 of the highest scores
What are you even bragging about?
>>
>>8546996
I could have done that on Exam 3 but for the error formula for the Trapezoid rule I used the wrong exponent or something.

You want to post your Calc II score, you community college brainlet?
>>
File: 1479865780914.jpg (92KB, 657x527px)
1479865780914.jpg
92KB, 657x527px
did my physics final on friday, and I feel like I failed it.
>tfw I don't understand torque and couple moments
>>
>>8546949
>Score:102
>Out of: 100
Did you do a backflip while finishing the exam or something?
>>
File: Exam_Study.png (9KB, 266x533px)
Exam_Study.png
9KB, 266x533px
I just downloaded as much past papers as possible. Gonna try and do as much as possible before the 27th as I'm going away till the 30th.
Exams start on the 7th....
>>
>>8532793
this. reading is much easier, but it's hard to find material that is as concise and to the point as most videos.
>>
>>8548280
A "top 40" may as well be community college desu and

>4 tests
Brainlet school
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.