[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: wojak9.jpg (353KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
wojak9.jpg
353KB, 2048x1447px
>be me
>taking a calculus final
>kid sitting behind me is hacking and coughing and sneezing every few seconds, without covering his mouth
>this continues for the entire two hours

>be me two days later
>starting to feel a soreness in my throat

Fuuuuuuuckk meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Are there any 100% guaranteed ways to prevent a cold this early, while the symptoms are *just* starting to show up? I REALLY don't want to go through this fucking shit.

FUCK YOU KID WHO SAT BEHIND ME DURING THAT EXAM!!!!!!!
>>
Introduce your full hand in your throat, always work
>>
If you're showing symptoms you've probably been infected for a while. So I'd say no.

Source: I got a 90% in intro to bio, so I basically have a complete working understanding of the human body.
>>
zicam cold remedy

It's like antibiotics for colds, it's amazing.

zicam + tylenol can get rid of body aches and that general "sick" feeling almost completely
>>
>>8528358
Literally just zinc

Which is proven to reduce the duration of colds so zinc lozenges would work as well
>>
>>8528366

That's all zicam is, a zinc lozenge

It isn't like it's trying to claim to be something else
>>
>>8528188
get /fit/

ever since I got /fit/ i dont get colds.

at most I have a sore throat for 12 hours then it goes away.
>>
Megadose vitamin C
>>
>>8528369
Yeah true, which is a bit more than can be said about most "homeopathic remedies"

Personally I just add some diluted zinc solution to water, I think it does the same thing
>>
>>8528381
>he unironically wastes hours of his life away every week picking up and putting back down several pounds of metal repeatedly

Wow... what an interesting hobby you have, anon...
>>
>>8528421
False
>>
>>8528358
>>8528366
>>8528369
>>8528428

I don't know shit about zinc so I'm going to take you guys' word for it.

Is overdosing on this shit dangerous at all? I better not be dead over the weekend.
>>
File: zicam.png (209KB, 1706x619px) Image search: [Google]
zicam.png
209KB, 1706x619px
>>8528444
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zicam

>Zicam is marketed as a homeopathic product which the maker claims can shorten the duration of a cold and may reduce the severity of common cold symptoms.[7] It is marketed in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States, a private organization not linked to nor regulated by any part of any government, and its cold reduction claims are claimed to be supported by various non-scientific private studies done by and for the homeopathic industry

>In 2006, Matrixx Initiatives paid $12 million to settle 340 lawsuits from Zicam users who said that the product destroyed their sense of smell

>The FDA indicated that it had received reports of a loss of smell from approximately 130 Zicam Cold Remedy users since 1999.[17] The FDA voiced concern that the loss of smell may be long-lasting or permanent, while the condition for which these Zicam products are marketed—the common cold—typically resolves on its own without lasting problems

ayy lmao
>>
>>8528444
just fucking search on the internet instead of relying on fucking anonymous dipshits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_and_the_common_cold

Your innate immune response may very well be able to handle whatever it is you got. Most likely viral. The best things you can do for the next few days are getting enough sleep, eating well, and drinking enough water.
>>
>>8528444
Nice trips

Overdosing on zinc can potentially be dangerous based on the dose, but typically it results in gastric pain, diarrhea, dizziness and nausea. Just use zinc lozenges.

Don't use zinc nasally as you can see from >>8528469 that the potential side effects are not worth it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.