[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone with an above average iq who has the money and is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 214513546559291216.jpg (52KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
214513546559291216.jpg
52KB, 720x1280px
can anyone with an above average iq who has the money and is willing to work hard capable of getting a PhD?
>>
yes

really you only need two of them
>>
>>8527667
>above average iq
So, around 45% of the world is above average IQ, OP
>money
Well duh, how will you pay for the PhD?
>willing to work hard
You obviously do this and everyone does it as well but it depends on how fast you can learn is the actual difference
>>
>>8527762
what are you getting at?

what I was really asking in the OP i guess is how special do you have to be to earn a PhD?
>>
>>8527672
this tbqh famalam
>>
>>8527667

IQ just predicts how long it will take you to do it given equal motivation character bla bla bla across IQ range. that's it, that's all it is measuring. How quickly you can solve a problem correctly. I know plenty of PhDs with 110 is iqs Sure they have to work harder but at least they have a PhD.
>>
>>8527845
it's easy so long as you're not an imbecile
it's just time consuming
>>
>>8527667

Depends on the subject. In math or physics, no, you have to be exceptionally smart to get a phd in either of those. But in gender studies or literature? Sure, it's just a matter of putting the time in, a chimp could manage it given long enough.
>>
>>8527870

For reference children with IQs of 130+ can usually skip a grade early on without much trouble. Mensa and above skip 2 3 depending again on difficulty of school. I don't remember what the proportion is but obviously the higher the IQ the faster you go through school. Also IQ isn't fixed it varies during childhood then stabilizes after adolescence IIRC. Biggest effect on IQ is ofc nutrition sleep exercise and being challenged ofc. Nutrition most important. And not getting lead poisoning or head trauma.

Also ps "verbal iq" is just political pandering to liberals who are not smart but have big vocab. Low correlation between IQ and vocab size. Remember IQ not supposed to test how educated you are supposed to test how smart you are without* education. Lot of people forget this.
>>
>>8527885

No not true plenty of average people get PhDs in math and physics have you ever read most* research papers? Very few are significant and most are people writing grammatically correct sentences fingers crossed its important. Math not that diff from other fields lots of mediocre avg is people.

Only math phds that are going to have majority high IQ work in private sector because employers have skin in game and can't afford to hire mediocre tiger mom victims.

But compared to other majors you're right math and physics tends to attract high IQ.
>>
>>8527762
>paying for a PhD
>not doing physics research and having THEM pay YOU
Fucking cucks.
>>
>>8527667

yes, a multiyear intellectual effort can be broken down into three simplistic categories
>>
>>8527667
If you're autistic then no.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.