[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression is not a mental disorder, it's a rational response

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2161.jpg (98KB, 599x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2161.jpg
98KB, 599x768px
Depression is not a mental disorder, it's a rational response to having a shit life
>>
So how do You convince your depressed mate that?
>>
>>8526413
Then it's not depression.
Depression is being chronically sad when you should not be. Being sad when your life is shit is not depression.

When you're successful, have a loving gf you bone every night, a nice house and car, and a good career and are so sad you can't get out of bed and want to blow your brains out, that's depression.
>>
>>8526418
But You are stating generic things. There can be other things in that Said persons Life. Things they want to be different, which they deem as depression, since they havent been true to Themselves about what they seek to change. For that Said person: he could be gay, only keeping that gf for his image to friends and family, while going to his job, to Pay for shit he Dont want. Like the House etc.
>>
>>8526448
Want to know how I know you're retarded? You capitalize random words in your sentences like white trash on MySpace. Also everything you said is "here's a special case that proves I'm right." Take your monkey IQ and pseudopsychology back to Facebook.
>>
>>8526418
Well in my case I must have been misdiagnosed since my life is shit and I explicitly clarified that to my doctor and was still diagnosed with depression
>>
>>8526469
You're supposed to be sad when bad things happen to you. Sadness is a natural response. Crippling depression for years is not.
>>
>>8526413
I think it's more of the rational response to the PERCEPTION of having a shit life.

If you are terribly oblivious and ignorant to the world, you can have an awesome life and perceive it as a being shit (millionaire, etc.)
>>
>>8526468
Great argument. You really showed me fucking pathetic want to be iq maestro, studying a degree only to confirm that your shitty existense is Nothing compared to anything anyone ever would support You in. Enjoy spreading cancer as You emit Daily a huge amount of negative shit in form of Aura. Pleb have a Bunch of capitalizd words.
Sincerely a mobile Poster.
>>
>>8526513
reading your posts make me sad

do you think you could clean up your aura or maybe type like a human being

either one works
>>
>>8526496
If anything I'd say being ignorant and oblivious would be less likely to make you depressed. I'm basically hyperaware of my situation. I have a feeling that other people aren't as self aware about everything as I am. My situation is pretty bad: poor, ugly, minority, have to work and go to school, zero friends, zero relationships, virgin, circumcised, pretty much have no social skills and not an ounce of confidence in myself. Drinking and eating are pretty much all I have to live for. Waiting for the singularity to come one day and maybe then I can have a better life.
>>
>>8526537
>minority, circumcized, working for a living
>not enjoying school. not realizing you will graduate

A lot of that stuff is really silly, I would say that your perception is way off.

Just make improvements over time. Try to look at things more positively
>>
>>8526513
Kys.
>>
>>8526413
but my life is pretty great.
>>
>>8526413
>rational

wrong. depression is the natural response to a rational life.
>>
>>8526418
Not necessarily, you can have a shit life and be depressed. Depression is a disorder with genetic roots that can be brought forth by environmental factors. Trust me, I'm not an engineer.
>>
>>8526513
What kind of fucked up cell phone capitalizes random words like that?
>>
>>8528254
>Trust me, I'm not an engineer.

Nice little jab there at the end, made me grin
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.