[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I lose muscle mass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: skinny_frog-med.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
skinny_frog-med.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
I'm 180 cm per 80 Kg.
I've always been around 70 Kg but now somehow I've put muscle mass.
I need to lose 10 Kg because I don't have stamina to carry on this extra weight.
I play as a winger (association football) and I'm always out of breath now.
Things I thought of:

Sleep deprivation.
Calorie restriction.
Extra physical activity.

What do?
>>
>>8522021
Maybe /fit/ can help you better that /sci/, lad.
Here, we don't even know how to [math]gain[/math] muscle mass.
>>
>>8522021
easy, just do more aerobic exercise; alot of running naturally you will lose muscle mass the longer distances you run and if you do fast interval training (very fast but not fast or short distance enough for a sprint e.g. 200 - 1000m in multiple reps at pace.) but also do long runs; work your way up to like 7 mile runs
>>
>>8522040
>work your way up to like 7 mile runs
This suggestion could be spot on.
I rarely go past 3 miles and I focus on some light jog and 50, 100 m sprints.
I'll schedule 7 miles twice a week as soon as my calf pain goes away.
I've put my body under too much stress with all this fucking weight.
Not used to.
>>
>>8522061

and i think the interval training will really help if you are a winger running up and down wing.
muscle really doesnt help wingers anyway; only really probably centre backs, some forwards and defensive midfielders. aerobic is definitely high focus
>>
>>8522118
>muscle really doesnt help wingers

while balance and accelaration is more important, a bit of strength can really help shrugging off full backs

e.g. bale, bolasie, martial

and interval training is very good

in matches, it isnt necessarily the distance that makes you tired, its the changing direction and speed
>>
>>8522021
tough question since nobody in the world would want that

anyway, long runs like the guy above said, go on a fast but be careful, you still need essential amino-acids that muscle-breakdown can't get you, ideally you want a negative nitrogen balance but enough essential amino-acids
>this is only theoretical, i have never seen this applied, i'm just thinking logically

or get cancer, it has a 100% success rate
>>
>>8522221

autist alert
>>
>>8522240

for (you)
>>
>>8522262

fuck off big boy.
>>
>>8522021
80kg shouldn't be difficult to carry around as an athlete. I think you should just go run a lot; it sounds like your cardiovascular fitness isn't that great.
>>
>>8522221
>>8522240
This faggot actually had a point that he expressed through calling me an autist because
>The total protein you consume each day supplies you not only with the nine essential amino acids but also the additional protein you need to synthesize non-essential amino acids. If you don’t take in sufficient non-essential amino acids, you can actually increase your need for essential amino acids.
So the best thing to do would actually be to NOT take essential amino-acids so your body gets them through muscle breakdown. However, you're not gonna have a good time.
>>
>>8522021
Play league of legends for 10hours a day and drink lots of soda.
>>
>>8522021
People were found to gain weight when they don't get adequate sleep, so rule out sleep deprivation.
>>
Why did you come here to ask how to lose weight?
You lose it the same way you lose any weight, eat less and move more you stupid idiot
>>
well first off, you sure you havent just lost cardiovascular fitness? or it wasnt shit in the first place? or you just got fat...

if not, and you really want to lose muscle mass, the trick is:

- low calorie diet (create an energy deficit)
- minimize protein intake (less than 100 grams a day probably)
- high repition "depletion style workouts"

so to show by example:
if you TDEE is 2500 cal a day, eat 2000, and eat 50g, 70g, 80g of protein a day or whatever you will, the rest being carbs and fat (more fat would be better since carbs are anti-catabolic, that is, the prevent muscle loss).

in the gym, full body workouts twice a week. weights will be pretty light. whats better than a set/rep range for ghis is to time sets. so make sets 45 secs to one minute long. machines are best for this because it avoids form degredation and stability, and will be safer. so do a 45 set to 1 min set for whagever reps, moderate tempo, at whatever weight you can (this will be PAINFUL if you dont use babyweight, and it should be painful). do 2-3 sets for each excercise, then repeat 2-3 more sets for each excercise.. so pretty much just do a machine circuit twice. 2-3 sets each.

mix of compoumds and isolation, isolation after compounds. you want tk hit every muscle thruoughly.

the more you do themore you will stimulate protein degredation and deplete more glycogem.

this is about allvyou can do to trigger myscle loss.

just be careful. youre also young, so yiur body might want to hold onto the muscle more than an adult guy.
>>
Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>8523479
if he cuts on essential protein intake his bones will crack like crackers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.