[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Modafinil really work? Do you guys have any experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1472899859909.jpg (172KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472899859909.jpg
172KB, 500x500px
Does Modafinil really work? Do you guys have any experiences?
>>
File: 1478174552313.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1478174552313.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8519543

Depends what you mean "really work". Does it work to eliminate feelings of fatigue and let you stay up longer periods than you should be able to naturally? Definately.

Does it work as an off label anti-depressant to alleviate "clouds" of negative feelings and other.... thoughts.....? In my experience it has.

It is a cognitive enhancer? Possibly.
>>
Took it for a while to treat narcolepsy (professionally diagnosed). Helped somewhat but wasn't a lifechanger or anything.

Was later bumped up to Ritalin, now that stuff definitely got the mind moving. Stopped taking it because it turned me into an asshole though.
>>
File: 61714251.jpg (35KB, 293x223px) Image search: [Google]
61714251.jpg
35KB, 293x223px
>>8519566
Does it work in regards of enhancing your focus ability? Your willingness to put in work, and also perhaps enhancing your task solving ability?
>>
>>8519589
Not that guy but yes.

The first time I took the GRE I only scored in the 73rd percentile for math and 93rd for reading. After taking modafinil and cramming for three months, I scored in the 93rf in math and the 98th in reading. I also simultaneously crammed for the biology GRE and scored in the 97th percentile, despite having spent 3 years out of school since graduating with a 2.7 GPA.
>>
>>8519596
Im considering it strongly. This makes me really want to consume it.
>>
>>8519602
Tread carefully. It doesn't have side effects as nasty as amphetamines (which I was taking concurrently with the provigil) but it can cause anxiety and headaches. I just use stims during important crunch times, and even though I don't use them constantly I feel that they have permanently affected my brain. It was worth it, but I'm just saying that it does have drawbacks. Also, you still need a lot of willpower if you want to get the most of it. I was studying constantly, basically every hour of every day, but the temptation to spend time on other things still exists, and you can get sucked into distraction and because you're more focused on them, too.
>>
>>8519615
How have they permanently affected your brain? How can you feel it?
>>
File: w.png (80KB, 962x470px) Image search: [Google]
w.png
80KB, 962x470px
>>8519543
What is your opinion on this?

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm152701.htm

I get that almost all medicine has side-effects and some severe rare ones but this is still very worrying.
>>
>>8519668
Holy moly... That definitely put a scare in me.... But what are the odds?
>>
>>8519653
I have slightly more trouble focusing now.

I think it was worth it, since my field isn't highly quantitative and is more knowledge-based, and it matters a lot which school you go to since companies recruit exclusively from a handful of pH.D programs.
>>
>>8519543
Modafinil "worked" for me, I used it for a couple weeks to study when out of adderall. It actually gave me just as much trouble sleeping as adderall did but not the same type of euphoric energy, you'd get for an hour or two. Kinda feels like when you've been up for a bit on amphetamines when you don't experience euphoria so much as wide-eyed energy
>>
>>8519697
>Holy moly... That definitely put a scare in me.... But what are the odds?
Non existent.
It happens with acetaminophen as well but mostly if not exclusively in very ill people.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.