[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infant psychology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Why do babies cry?

I mean the evolutionary reason is obvious, but what's happening in the mind to implement that evolutionary requirement?

My own hypotheses:
>maybe being born is traumatic
>if crying is the brain's way of dumping excess neurotransmitters during an emotional event too influential for it to physically process then maybe babies cry more easily because their brains are physically weaker
>maybe they're still not quite accustomed to being alive and having normal human needs so whenever they experience anything physically unpleasant they're concerned they might be dying and their untrained fight or flight response kicks in but then as they mature they learn what kinds of physical discomfort are "safe" so it doesn't scare them anymore
>>
>>8519515
> evo psych
>>
>>8519525
>beside point
>>
Embodiment is constant torment.
>>
>>8519515
Baby crying is an instinct to alert adult humans to take care of them. You ever notice how humans will mindlessly search out the sound of crying baby no matter what?
>>
>>8519572
That's the evolutionary reason I was talking about. I'm wondering about the psychological manifestation of that instinct.
>>
>>8519515
how do most animals know how to swim without ever doing so?

Babies have basic animal behaviors and stimuli responses.
>>
>>8519623
But, I mean, babies are sentient beings, kind of. Don't you suppose there's anything going on mentally for a baby when it cries? If a dog sees something enticing floating in the water, it probably doesn't think, "I am an animal and instinctively know how to swim." It probably thinks something more along the lines of, "yum treet"
>>
>>8519572
>You ever notice how humans will mindlessly search out the sound of crying baby no matter what?
yes i observed this in all humanbeings in a perfectly rigorous experiment that is very revealing oh the human nature my good sir!
>>
>>8519572
no
>>
i can't wait for genetic engineering to make babies shut the fuck up

sage for not science
>>
>>8519515
Are infants actually crying, with tears, or are they just wailing?
>>
Because they are pussies
>>
>>8520504
They can do both. If they are not noticed when screaming they will start crying
>>
>>8519580
>psychology
Babies are incomplete humans there is no "self" in a baby until its one year old and even then its just a mindless mess of emotions and instincts barely any rationality.
>>
not all babies cry during birth. Why do some and some not?
>>
>>8519515

Babies that don't cry get neglected and evolution took care of them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.