[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we wrong on Cancer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

My Biology Professor is adamant that we are. He claims that the genetic origin of cancer is completely false and that it is caused by problems in the mitochondria.

In fact he believes in this so much he almost started crying and called Cancer researchers jackasses and began to mock people that attend things like relay for life saying it was all hopeless and because the Cancer industry is quote "bullshit" and is too caught up in Dogma to realize the truth about the disease not being caused primarily by genetics.

Is there proof for his theory that it isnt genetically caused?
>>
>>8518702
I think cancer is normal and a healthy part of life on earth. Without the odd mutation we wouldn't even be here.
>>
>>8518732
But is it a consequence of issues within in the Nucleus or outside of it?
>>
>>8518736
How is a mitochondrial issue theorised to result in unregulated growth?
>>
religious guy passing by

religions view things as repeating equations, fractals you know? This has no place here and will probably only trigger /sci/

if a human being decides one day, to stop caring about their job, stop caring about their house, stop caring about themselves, and suddenly begin eating every bit of food they come across, and harbor that food in a huge bulbous gut that just keeps getting bigger and bigger and gets in everybody elses way. What do we call them? What do we do to them to make them "get better"?

When we encounter cells behaving in this same way, why isn't that kind of logic looked at? When I put my living bloodcells under my microscope at home, they spin and dance around trying to find more food to eat, before they dry up and die. They're not that different.

cancer cells are fearful about their lack of resources. They are mutant, and ostracized by the cells surrounding them, and then they build a defense mechanism. They are neckbeards. What do we do with neckbeards? They want to sit around and play videogames, they want to watch scientific videos and come up with theories about what happened in that video. They want to be intelligent, but are not. And no one will give them the opportunity to be.
>>
>>8518824
Empathize with them because, through dna, we reasonably know that they feel roughly the same things that we feel. Sequences in their lives have conditioned their actions and responses. Efficiency in communication facilitates this this empathy, but I think we also should try to be objective about each other and try to help when we see someone doing something that will fuck them up permanently. Unconditional love leads to trust, which leads to trading ideas and technology improving. This leads to lives of relaxation for us. I think that everything will be ok, but this propagation really starts with us as an individual and the things reasonably think that we can directly influence I wish I could go back to raiding ulduar instead of worrying about figuring this out. I love you all, you fucking neckbeard autists.
>>
>>8518702
The cancer industry is bullshit.
>>
File: images_015.png (9KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images_015.png
9KB, 229x220px
DNA break > ATM/ATR > Chk1/2 > Wee1 + cdc20 sequestered to cytosol, fuckups can occur along that path

also when mcdm complex is over produced or p53 is fucked up

im sure mutations on various cdks contribute to cancers as well

dunno about that mitochondria theory but the genetic origin of cancer is pretty well demonstrated
>>
>>8518956
This, mutated DNA is so obviously the cause to anyone who has done reading into the field, anyone has access to Google scholar and sci-hub, research it yourselves, mitochondria may be affected however DNA changes have always been observed with cancer,

As soon as DNA sequencing is cheap enough and crispr works well, cancer can be sequenced and the mutated gene cut out and replaced by crispr, just wait
>>
>>8518702
Sounds like someone had their grant proposal rejected
>>
>>8518946
To go further on this.

Everyone is caught up in the influence of appearance (but they don't use that power to help others). That's the only way people can be helped. Appearance is the only thing that people think they know of a person. They rely on that intuition. They rely on what they perceive. We can use that power to help people.
People are ashamed of the things that they do, but they don't truly realize and let it click that everyone else does these.
>>
>>8519134
I think everything's gonna be ok
>>
>>8518702
Your biology professor is a brainlet.
>>
>>8518702
Your biology professor sounds like an idiot. Cancer is due to genetic mutation, there is way too much evidence to disprove cancer cannot arise from a mutation in the host genome. In addition, there is an extreme amount of scientifically replicable experiments that can cause cancer by simple genome mutation. It is a group of diseases that arise from unchecked proliferation of cells, which can only occur if the genome replicates, and therefore is entirely based on a genetic factor.

If he is going to make such a statement, it should be substantiated with evidence. He has a PhD in biology - which isn't even the field you would pursue to do cancer research - and should understand this. What exactly was he claiming when giving this lecture?
>>
>>8519469
>It is a group of diseases that arise from unchecked proliferation of cells, which can only occur if the genome replicates, and therefore is entirely based on a genetic factor.
this, i dont understand what kind of backwards logic would your prof need to use to claim its not genetic, if he gave some clarifications on it please do tell
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.