[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey nerds, /k/ here. Can you guys explain kraut space magic to me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1423702666131.jpg (122KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
1423702666131.jpg
122KB, 468x309px
Hey nerds, /k/ here.

Can you guys explain kraut space magic to me?
>>
>>8518473
What is there to explain? It's a clever mechanism although it's a bit overengineered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv_eVojV2zo
>>
>>8518484
>It's a clever mechanism although it's a bit overengineered

literally describes all european engineering.
>>
>>8518484
I mean more as in why has nothing sprung from it, which I should have said.

The AR-18's gas system is in everything now, including German's new rifle. The AK and AR platforms are everywhere.

This was such a true improvement, but once German unification killed the rifle, no one picked up the mechanism.

I figured it must be due to some oddness of the engineering, and all /k/ knows was that it's too expensive. But that doesn't hold water to me.
>>
>>8518489
If I recall correctly there were issues with the ammunition quality and possibly also the fact that maintaining kraut space magic is beyond the ability of the average grunt.
>>
Germans like to over engineer and over complicate what should be simply mechanisms. Sometimes producing things which can be confusing to figure out how it operates.
>>
>>8518494
>>8518497
These, basically
>>
>>8518489
>expensive
>wasn't reliable
>benefits were minor
>drawbacks were major
>>
>>8518484
Are there any benefits to this ridiculous mechanism? Looks to me like it just has more parts to maintain and break.
>>
>>8518473
Are you looking for a technical breakdown as to why it wasn't carried on over other systems? Tbh you actually probably would have better luck with someone with very intricate knowledge of various weapon bolt and feeding systems than even potential mech E's on /sci/.

>>8518489
>I mean more as in why has nothing sprung from it
Probably more political and economic reasons than anything. Despite what ancap's will say, the markets don't necessarily favor the objectively best product, just the product that people will use and is the easiest to produce. As to my knowledge the Stoner's bolt system is incredibly simple, even your most simple minded hood-dweller can build an AR-15 with a few online tutorials, and it's extremely inexpensive to produce en-masse.

If anything it was probably just out-competed. I'm no weapons expert but there seems to be an extreme amount of non-deviance in firearms and all that really matters is what bullet type it's firing, barrel length, "fire rate" and reliability. Between many Western weapon systems there seems to be so little difference that even between civilian gun owners it's mostly preference and if anything most differences are cosmetic, weight related, or ergonomics related.
>>
>>8518546
>seems to be so little
>***seem to have
>>
File: tumblr_mqjxovaFI71sxpwxbo1_500.gif (1021KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqjxovaFI71sxpwxbo1_500.gif
1021KB, 500x281px
>>8518530
Honestly what he shows in that video is pretty minimal.

I don't even see what's causing the disk to spin.

Compare this internal shot of an AR-15, which is very simple for a modern weapon. AKs have more moving parts.
>>
>>8518913
>shits where it eats
>>
>>8518969
Only a minor issue even if you use corrosive powder.
>>
>>8518473
Where can I get one of these?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.