[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell are you going to connect a cybernetic limb your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: gToEvKU[1].jpg (220KB, 1080x1358px) Image search: [Google]
gToEvKU[1].jpg
220KB, 1080x1358px
How the hell are you going to connect a cybernetic limb your bodies? At some point it has to connect to the blood, blone and muscle of your real body. It has to interact with your body and understand signals from your nervous system. How do you ensure that you don't get infections? How do you ensure that the forces isn't located at a single point (where it connects?). It just seems like a total engineering cluster fuck. Using real biological limbs seems to make much more sense.
>>
>>8517420
Why would it connect to your blood/bone/muscle?

Also have you seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
>>8517420
> How the hell are you going to connect a cybernetic limb your bodies?
Well how do they connect prosthetics to people? there are many ways, ranging from belts to screws. Maybe google some pictures and see for yourself.

>At some point it has to connect to the blood, blone and muscle of your real body.
i don't think it has to connect to the arteries and veins, correct me if i'm wrong. Connecting it to the bone is maybe the easiest part and connecting microscopicly small electrodes to the muscles has also been done before.

>It has to interact with your body and understand signals from your nervous system.
researchers have already done all of that, afaik

>How do you ensure that you don't get infections?
"Blunn’s team has focused its efforts on encouraging the skin to form a tight seal around the implant, thereby decreasing the risk of infection."
-from an MIT technology review
www.technologyreview.com/s/421607/implanting-artificial-limbs-in-the-body

>How do you ensure that the forces isn't located at a single point (where it connects?). It just seems like a total engineering cluster fuck. Using real biological limbs seems to make much more sense.

>It makes more sense connecting this dead limb to a person than that dead limp.
not sure about that

I'm not even studying in this field, have not even touched it. I just couldn't leave you here without answers.
Your babbling sounds quite unintelligible. I'd suggest reading up on this topic, you will find many articles online, before spouting nonsensical opinion based arguments.
>>
>>8517420
whats the point of cybernetic limbs when once they are fully realized scientist will just figure out how to regrow human limbs via stem cells?
>>
>>8518528
who wants a shitty human limb when we can have superior limbs?
>>
titanium pegs attached to bone. Then protruding through the skin. Biologically inert, and skin will graft to the titanium forming a perfect seal.

right now we have crude electrical impluse control of prosthetics. some can even transmit some feeling back to the brain. though you need to have the nerves from the limb grafted to a new suitable host muscle. then you map the electrical impulses on the new host muscle. To then program the hand and arm to a few movements.

they have wired robotic arms directly into baboon brains. the baboon then eventually forms new brain connections to the wires. allowing it to control the arm by thought.
>>
>>8518528
prosthetics will be cheaper.

as you can mass produce them to general specifications. then store them for eventually use.

organic limbs will always be more expensive and time consuming.
>>
>>8517420
Electrodes don't have to be connected to your skull.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.