[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

recommend me your best Deep / Philosophical podcasts , you know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Life-s-biggest-questions.jpg (128KB, 450x686px) Image search: [Google]
Life-s-biggest-questions.jpg
128KB, 450x686px
recommend me your best Deep / Philosophical podcasts , you know what i mean , something that makes me question everything about my or rather our existence.

Ty in advance

>inb4: philosophy isn`t a science therefore wrong board
>>
>>8515508
>podcasts

It's like reading popsci and wanting to get enlightened.

Philosophy textbooks for High-Schools are a good choice if you want to have a general view of the history, movements, technical terms and philosophies.

Then it depends on what interests you. Politics ? Ethnics ? Art ? Metaphysics ? Epistemology ? Modern philosophy ?

The most " question everything about my or rather our existence" philosopher out there might be Schopenhauer, albeit he is extremely depressive and not fun to read, or Nietzche, who is fun to read, but very easy to misinterpret.
>>
File: All Smiles.jpg (33KB, 379x449px) Image search: [Google]
All Smiles.jpg
33KB, 379x449px
>>8515529
I request one "Politics ?", please.
>>
>>8515529
>Schopenhauer
ty familia

>It's like reading popsci and wanting to get enlightened.

just need something to listen at work
>>
>>8515529
Oops, mispelt Ethics here. /pol/ got the best of me.

>>8515566
>Politics

Here are the heavy books
>The Republic, Plato
Especially the book I (why "Might makes right" is a wrong system of power) and the IV-VI (definition of the ideal city).
>Marx
Seriously. Even if you disagree with him, his historiographic heritage is extremely important and he was the first to link politics to social context.
Das Kapital is an economics book. I'd recommand Critic of the Gotha's program.
>The Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes
Can act as a counterpoint on Marx. Hobbes is more about why a strong state is necessary, when Marx spends his time criticising the notion.

And here are some with less volume and all around much more accessible :
>Discourse of the Origin of Inequality, Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Written just before the French Revolution, this text inspired a lot of philosophers, and Rousseau's influence can still be seen in some aspects of the French judicial system.

>Discourse on Voluntary Servitude, Etienne de la Boétie
Another very important text, in which the author explains why Monarchy is almost always an unjust system. Considered on the fundamental texts of economical and political liberalism.
>>
File: Cute 1.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cute 1.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>8515607
Thanks a ton, anon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.