[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've useless psychic powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (8KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 120x120px
Ever since I was about 5 I noticed that random events weren't as they should be. Specifically I noticed that occasionally I could predict a random event and that when playing board games the outcome of the dice was not even close to an even six way split. But I've always rationalized that as observational bias...

>Until now because for once I've actually measured it

I was playing pokemon showdown with a full team of pic related (inb4 /vg/) using only 70% accurate moves and across multiple games with multiple turns per game I quickly had a decent sample size of 100 attacks. Though this large sample size was hardly needed because I was only 25% accurate in practice which assuming the accuracy of 70% is accurate is about a 1 in 10e20 chance.

>1 in 100000000000000000000

Naturally I though that the random number generator was at fault however that is not the case as pokemon hoedown uses a proper pseudo random number generator which though not exactly 70% is extremely close.

Getting to the /sci/ part
>How do you think this works
To be clear I've observed
>statistically impossible odds of random components of games both in and out of my favor
>occasional knowledge of the outcome of a random process before the process has been completed

My bet is on quantum mechanics
>>
You can talk all you want about your anecdotal evidence. Once you get into an actual study and I read about it online in the future then we can talk.
>>
>>8515311

or you misunderstand what random means
>>
Hey /sci/ 1/6 times I roll a die and I predict the number

I must be quantum mechanically psychic huh guys
>>
> roll 1d6 six times
> never roll a 6
I CALL BULLSHIT
>>
>>8515311
>hey /sci/, how do you reconcile probability theory with my story that didn't actually happen?
>>
>>8515332
*probably didn't happen
>>
Sounds like apophenia to me. Get it all the time, it's usually followed by mini existential crises
Also >>>/vp/
>>
>>8515311
Sleep
>>
>>8515311
That;s not physic bulshit, that's just your subconscious being good with predictability.
>>
>>8517370
this, also a lot of luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.