[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do people cope with going to one of innumerable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: UWGSeal.png (60KB, 395x394px) Image search: [Google]
UWGSeal.png
60KB, 395x394px
How the hell do people cope with going to one of innumerable the mediocre or bad universities in the USA? Their Wikipedia pages depress me. Why build giant campuses with giant buildings and pretend to care about the sports team when just standing there makes you look stupid in the eyes of society? The degrees are like dunce caps.

In the UK I went to University of [City Name] which was established before the USA existed, has old buildings, a history with a few Nobel prize winners... yet it was still a shithole with brain-dead easy classes and dumb normie students with zero intellectual curiosity and which would be better off knocked down to save taxpayer money.
>>
>>8513250
> The degrees are like dunce caps

You know how on /fit/, some people develop body dysmorphia and start saying ridiculous things because of their extremely skewed perspective?
>>
>>8513250
Science is built piece by piece. Groundwork is often done by those "shit" universities and then the final, more abstract pieces are put into place by the top tiers.

Not everyone can be the best. We need average workers, too. A Ph.D. in EE from MIT isn't going to be satisfied maintaining a power plant but a bsce in EE from state university will be.

You're welcome, faggot.
>>
>>8513250
It's 2016 and all information is freely available on the internet. There's no advantage from a geographically centralized building of learning, no matter how "prestigious" it is. All knowledge is the same and expensive/competitive unis only exist for the purpose of perpetuating this elitist classist system we all are unfortunately forced to live in.

Fuck off OP you conceited ass. Science has no use for you.
>>
>>8513250
It is possible for these schools to have a good reputation locally, and they serve many first time college students. In a state like California even the smarter students will not all be accepted to the two main UC campuses. Now if you want to be hired by JP Morgan fresh out of college then go to Yale, but if you want to work for your local government then a good local school is fine.

I myself am a first gen college student who attended CS Northridge and then Michigan for grad school.
>>
>>8513250
The students of these schools value the "college experience" more than college itself. They just want to move out of their parent's house, drink, party and sleep around for 4 years. These aren't the kinds of people dreaming of Wall Street or Silicon Valley, but their uncle's HVAC company or the dildo manufacturer one town over.
>>
>>8514047
this is my dad
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.