[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antiperspirant vs. Deodorant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What does /sci/ think about the suspected link between aluminum in antiperspirant and Alzheimers? Is the concept of antiperspirant even good for your body in the first place? I think if your body wants to sweat it needs to sweat, and clogging your sweat glands to prevent that can't be good for you.

Which do you use, regular deodorant or antiperspirant?
>>
>>8507909
I've read about this, I used to put on a lot of antiperspirant because I hate the notion if emitting smells. Then I realised others don't give a shit about smelling like a hobo, so I switched to some organic crap that works like a charm
>>
>>8507909
Regardless of it link to dementia, it is still a neurotoxin, and has no place in the personal care repertoire of anyone but the brainlet.

>>8508183
Same. I also switched cause I was tired of the yellow stains ruining my shirts. Most regular deodorants I've tried don't last long or give me a rash though. Oddly, I find Axe Stick to be the best one.
>>
I never use antiperspirant and only have to put deodorant on maybe twice a week. I'm blessed. Washing my armpits in the shower is usually enough.
>>
antiperspirants don't clog the pores, and if your body needs to sweat to lose heat it has plenty of other places that aren't breeding grounds for bacteria

and given that there's no known way for aluminum to be taken up by the skin and distributed to the rest of the body, the alzheimer's link hypothesis is a nonstarter
>>
>>8508762
>yellow stains ruining my shirts
fucking this, holy fucking shit

I tried weleda citrus, does the trick so far
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.