[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Education System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: educational-system-comic.jpg (68KB, 460x315px) Image search: [Google]
educational-system-comic.jpg
68KB, 460x315px
The entirety of the system is fundamentally flawed and is a relic of the Industrial Age. Why hasn't anyone tried to create a complete online curriculum of all human knowledge that anyone can access for free? I'm not talking about something like Khan Academy, I'm talking about something much bigger than that.

Why haven't we done this yet /sci/?
>>
>>8505420
Wikipedia and online courses arent enoguh?

>for free
Considering wikipedia gives out blowjobs for donations where is this money for a project much larger than wikipedia coming from?
>>
Because you will still fail miserably. No matter how much you change the methods, retarded teens will still fuck their lives.
>>
>>8505425
>where is this money for a project much larger than wikipedia coming from?

ad revenue
>>
>>8505429
If they have unlimited access to human knowledge at their fingertips, that's their own fault.
>>
>>8505420
lel that pic
>everyone is created equal
>nogs are just as smart as humans
>these exams are racis because they test on the assumption that nogs are as smart as real human beans
>>
>>8505420
>complete online curriculum of all human knowledge
this is literally impossible
>>
>>8505479
Why? Please explain.
>>
>>8505468
>What is the Internet
>>
>Job involves climbing a tree
>Asking potential employees to climb a tree is specieism

k
>>
>>8505420
>System of everyone can study anything they want for free!
>Everyone just plays video games all day instead

Nice, I'll take it
>>
>>8505477
>thinking test taking capacity = intellect

>thinking the comic is race related and not just referring to aspies
>>
>>8505463
That would be terrible. Do you really think that companies would not try to influence the system in exchange of ad revenue?

> Be Exxon Mobile
Nice article on climate change, but I will give you this money [holds a large amount of it] if you change it to something more... oil friendly.
>>
>>8505420
You are a nigger or something?
>>
>>8505499
>job
who said anything about jobs you knee jerk /pol/tist. The comic is referring to the education system, which is supposed to be a generalized set of competencies that are relevant to all walks of life, at least on the lower levels.
>>
File: what-is-alcoholism-like.jpg (19KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-alcoholism-like.jpg
19KB, 480x251px
>>8505420
the fundamental flaw of american education right now is the focus on blind memorization in the place of fundamental, conceptual understanding
>>
>>8505640
>fundamental flaw of american education right now is the focus on blind memorization
Yes
>>
File: 1817213926.jpg (60KB, 445x600px) Image search: [Google]
1817213926.jpg
60KB, 445x600px
>>8505420
>Why hasn't anyone tried to create a complete online curriculum of all human knowledge that anyone can access for free?

Because nobody has any fucking clue how to organize/categorize the entirety of humanity's knowledge, let alone do so in such a way that would be pedagogically sound. Read A Guidebook to Learning by Adler to see what I mean. He spends more than half the book rambling about humanity's failures to solve this simple philosophical problem throughout the ages, then proceeds to give his disaster of a solution. Humanity is hopeless. Science has literally gone too far. We should just tear everything down. Millions of years from now, advanced civilizations will look back at us and struggle to find a coherent story in the gigantic fucking shit-pile that is our knowledge base.
>>
>>8505671
this

its total annihilation of the natural, organic segregation of individuals into specializations cause everyone wanna learn everything but can't

those advanced civs better be something smarter than human because this is it, we've reached the apex and it's literally cancer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.