[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>moles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
so did scientists measure 6.02214179 × 10^23 atoms in a mole or just picked that number out of their asses because it just happen to fit their equations?
>>
You're a smart guy. What do you think?
>>
protons and neutrons happen to have a very consistent mass

atoms are made of consistent numbers of protons and neutrons such that every individual atom has a very predictable mass

if you have a gram of a pure element, then you should be able to describe how many atoms are present just by knowing the number of protons and neutrons in each atom, the mass of the protons and neutrons, and the total mass

6.02x10^23 just happens to be the constant that relates one gram of protons and neutrons to the number of protons and neutrons

well it's defined for carbon now but whatever
>>
>>8504645
Considering 1 mole of a substance always has the same amount of grams as the individual atom/compound has amu, no it is not random.
>>
>>8504645

It fits their equations because they pulled it out of their equations.
>>
>>8504650
4 u
>>
Moles?
>>
>>8504645
I find we went to recalculate it with crystallography in a chemistry class.
>>
>>8506069
Mewles
>>
>>8504645
6,02214179 x 10^23 atoms in a mole is not how a mole is defined, its a consequence of the definition of the mole

the mole is defined as the amount of atoms of carbon in 12 gramms of carbon 12, this ends up being this number, which they calculated by knowing that in one atome of carbon 12, you have 6 protons and 6 neutrons, knowing their masses, you know the mass of the atom (+ the mass of the 6 electrons which are quite irrelevant compared to the mass of the nucleons) and then you divide the 12 gramms by the mass of the atom, you get the number of atoms in these 12 gramms, nothing complicated seriously
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.