[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lockheed Martin Fusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ff.jpg (158KB, 1398x672px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
158KB, 1398x672px
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySUjG3NgLxubVhSN1owTG9sV2c/view

So ... does this look like it might go somewhere?
>>
File: LockheedMartinCompactFusion.jpg (4MB, 5600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
LockheedMartinCompactFusion.jpg
4MB, 5600x3600px
here you go, I have no idea what to make of it though.

I still think the Stellarator Wendelstein-7x is a more viable concept for longterm usage on a big scale.
>>
I want to see it work just so upset the fags working at ITER. It'll be the biggest scientific cucking of all time when a few aerospace engineers figure out fusion in a matter of months, while physicists have been working on it since the 80s. It'll be an even bigger cucking than the time 3 engineers won the Nobel prize in physics for making a blue LED.
>>
The graph looks like something a sci-fi movie director would make and call it a "beam energy warp drive" or some shit
>>
>>8503017
why does it look like a fucking levitron
>>
>>8503017
Oh, they're still working on it?
That's great actually.
I think it's more of an investor trick (I don't think anyone expects it to work) but it's nice seeing more diverse fusion research.
>>
>>8504433
>>8503017
They're working on it because it works.

Eventually you hook it up to a turbine or thermocouple and sell it. But that requires a buyer.
>>
>>8504453
I hope you're underage and not retarded.
>>
>>8503017
>superconducting magnets right next to a fusion reaction
So it will be able to run for like 1hr before you need to replace everything b/c neutrons and start over? Sweet.
>>
>>8504466
>Lockheed reports that their device works
>lol Lockheed is just a liar
Every technology is obvious in retrospect. People didn't believe airplanes could exist. After seeing airplanes with their own eyes they said airplanes would never have the range/speed/cargo capacity to be useful.

You don't have any fucking clue which fusion tech is going to be the one that works. Stop pretending like you know which one won't work.

You are a low information brainlet.
>>
>>8503017
>Blanket absorbs neutrons to breed fuel

What
>>
>>8504476
I never said fusion won't work. Fusion already works.

Lockheed's might not work. Stop pretending you know which one will work.

Lockheed isn't planning to sell this device. This is a scaled research reactor.
Hooking up the reactor to a thermocouple doesn't mean shit, you dumb freshman.

>Lockheed reports that their device works
No they don't, you dumb faggot.

I am not going to participate in this conversation anymore.
>>
>>8504504
>create device that creates high temperature
>you can't just attack a device that extracts work from heat transfer

>no its just a prototype its not a production powerplant
Why do you even post?

>3 is obviously less than 5, why would you say that 5 could ever exist!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.