[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prodigies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0596.jpg (48KB, 520x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596.jpg
48KB, 520x924px
Does anyone else feel like a failure when you hear about prodigies and geniuses on the news? I feel like I'm not good enough constantly.
>>
>>8501322
fuckk offf, probs smarter than evryone on here
>>
>>8501322
No, because the majority of them amount to nothing. Often, for instance, child genius is fleeting and they end up 'normalising' against their equally brilliant classmates, or co-workers.
>>
I feel like a failure when I read about the prodigies of the past, who actually did things. Modern prodigies tend to be just autistic savants, completely unable to generalise their talents.

Then again, the fact that the useful type of prodigy tends to disappear as soon as historical records become more reliable, makes me question whether they were ever a thing at all.
>>
File: file.png (134KB, 287x300px)
file.png
134KB, 287x300px
D-DO YOU DREAM IN CODE, ANON-SAN?
>>
>>8501388
>12 years old
>vocabulary of a 25 year old
>get to 26
>vocabulary of a 25 year old
As far as I can tell my experience is pretty typical. Child geniuses develop abnormally fast and then they run out of room to develop to. I'm pretty sure now there's a peak operating point in brain development, where your thoughts are as clear as they ever will be, and the only difference between most prodigies and everyone else is the precise age that kicks in.

And it's a fucking awful experience because it feels like you're getting dumber and thicker as everyone else around you is still looking forward to the best of their lives. If I couldn't do it at 12 I sure as fuck can't do it now.
>>
>>8501433
'When' I was 14, I frequently did computer programming.
It's a hobby, and people shouldn't be getting this kind of praise for it.
You summed it up perfectly. Peers eventually catch up to them.
>>
>>8501388
"Amounting to something" is measured by social standards and media. But that is a consequence of them not being mentally strong enough to stand up for themselves. It simply means less pain for them to just get back in line.
>>
When you get out of college you'll realize that neither hard work nor talent is the determining factor for success in research. It's luck.
>>
>>8501322
Prodigies on the news?
Not really.
Prodigies in history?
Fuck yes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-KQb3Mx2WMw
Fuck
>>
>>8501569
What
>>
>>8501322
Good friend of mine was allowed to skip a year, twice.

He ended up as a photographer. He isn't complaining nor does he make little money.

But still far from the math prodigies people expected him to be.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.