[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How painful would it be to fall into a Black Hole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: a23.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a23.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>8500269
It would be extremely painful.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (123KB, 494x411px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
123KB, 494x411px
>>8500269
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>8500269

depends how gradual it is? but realistically, when does it start to affect you? like if you were not in it but far out in space, could it still affect you and hurt you?
>>
>>8500269

First I thought it depends in schwartzschild radius. Then I guessed you would slowly be roasted by the accretion disk either way.
>>
>>8500269
First I need to know what your mass is like
>>
>>8500269
Depends very much on the mass of the black hole. Small black holes will rip you apart, supermassive black holes won't do much to you.
>>
>>8500269
Depends on your vessel. What protection does it offer and at what point it fails.

But most likely you're interested at the point where weird things start to happen and not just burning due to heat or asphyxiating because your spacesuit ruptured.

So I'd assume it would be something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8QHOUWECU
Just without recovery and waking up.

Because, if we assume protection against gravitational effects, we're venturing into very sci-fi'ey conditions.
>>
>>8500269
Wouldn't hurt at all. If you're going in feet first, then the sensory signals would never make it to your brain.
>>
Before you go through the black hole, you'd already be under much stress, to put it lightly. It doesn't matter what your ship is make of, it would get crushed with the pressure. A black hole is not only a place from where light can't get out, but orbiting it there are all the gradations of the horizon for all other energy or matter, the point of no return.

If you were launched in a space suit directly into the black hole, assuming you are awfully close, what you'd feel would be like free falling into the deep ocean, except long after you are dead and your suit is crushed, you wouldn't reach any bottom, you'd just be smashed together into a ball along with everything else, continuously falling, more and more dense as it goes until the only thing that can escape it's force is light itself, and you'd see it slowing down the deeper you go, until light takes all the time to move through the most minute space, then nothing else and
>>
File: bright.png (56KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
bright.png
56KB, 194x259px
>>8500269
>How painful would it be to fall into a Black Hole

The event horizon is not a physical barrier.

The gravity field gradient (the magnitude of the derivative of the field strength) at the event horizon is what should dictate your experience while traversing that threshold.

approaching the core, no one even knows if its actually a singularity or actually some kind of quark superfluid where the interatomic forces at the quark scale are overcome by the crush of gravity (these exotic types of matter should satisfy the criteria of creating gravity wells intense enough to trap light).

The irony is that If I was watching you, Alex, as you approached the event horizon, would look like you slowed down and froze in time right as you crossed over the threshold. I would never know what happened to you and to you the universe would look like it sped up around you to an infinite speed and you'd watch the heat death of the universe in a blink of an eye.

Black holes are strange creatures in the way the screw with the fabric of space time.
>>
>>8500270
>>8500273
Beat me to it. This was NOT part of my plan
>>
>>8500273
But ur a big guy
>>
File: oops.jpg (129KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
129KB, 720x352px
>>8500269
So, you ggoott yyyyoouurrsseellff cccaaauuuggghhhttt bbbbyyyy aaaaa bbbbbbllllllaaaaaacccccckkkkkk hhhhhhoooooolllllleeeeessssss ggggggrrrrrraaaaaavvvvvviiiiiittttttyyyyyy wwwwwwweeeeeeellllllllllllll,,,,,,, wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttt''''''''ssssssss ttttttttthhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee nnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxtttttttttttt sssssssssssttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn yyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ppppppppppppppplllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn???????????????
>>
>>8501464
audible kek
>>
File: 1377027462005.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1377027462005.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>8501464
Holy fuck
>>
>>8501396
f(x) = U, U is element of N [1, 4]
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.