[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logarithm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Logarithm[1].png (16KB, 704x428px) Image search: [Google]
Logarithm[1].png
16KB, 704x428px
I can't wrap my head around this subject comfortably. I'm failiing miserably figuring out how to calculate population growth and isotope half-life.

Uni-level, but somehow I managed to forgot most about logarithms
>>
>>8499986
just think of log(1) = 0. Then play around on your calculator and you can get all laws from there. Thats how I remembered to start with, back in ye olde high skool
>>
>>8499986
Had the same problem until someone explained is this way:
Logarithm base 2 of 1 million = amount of times you can divide 1 million in two

like 1.000.000/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2...
>>
The way I think about it is, "This base to what power will give me the answer (that's already given)."
Once you grasp that, play around and find the rules.
Hint: Logarithms follow the same rules as dividing and multiplying exponents. (X2 • X3 = X^5)
>>
>>8499997
>>8500006
Thanks. I think I just need to get more comfortable working exponents with "different" mindset.
>>
>>8499986
khan and patrickjmt have so nice videos
>>
>>8500019
>khan
I'm not a big fan of Khan, because of most of their videos are over 30min long, and half of it consist.

>ummm... erm... line
>eeermmmm.. here, draw like this
>like this
>ummm...
>and then...
>eeermmm, like this
It fucking gets on my nerves.
>>
>>8500010
Look at it like this
Why can you search in logarithmic time in a sorted list?
If you have a dictionary(book) and you're looking for a word, you open the middle of the book, if the first letter of the word you are looking for is smaller then you open the middle of that left part, etc... until you find that word.

You keep dividing the book into two parts. This is logarithmic.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.