[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got an info graphic on classes in a physics major?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Major Guide.png (28KB, 429x608px) Image search: [Google]
Major Guide.png
28KB, 429x608px
Anyone got an info graphic on classes in a physics major?
>>
Just go to the physics page of any university and read their curriculum.
>>
>>8497372
It's too hard to navigate their shitty websites.
>>
just read Gerard t Hoofts page on how to become a good theoretical physicist
Google it
>>
>>8497373
Yeah, you'll go far in physics.
>>
What is SE
>>
>>8497396
probably software engineering
>>
>>8497373
>its too hard to navigate through a website

Well, here is a surprise for you: To find most university level problems you will have to navigate really shitty websites made by 50 year old PhDs who learned HTML last weekend just to make their archive of problems and solutions.

So you better switch that major to cuck studies or something.
>>
>>8497365
>Freshman year:
Calculus, Matrix Algebra
University Physics
>Sophomore-Junior year:
Vector Calculus, ODEs, Complex Variables, Probability
Classical Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Mechanics, Electronics and Instrumentation
>Junior-Senior year:
PDEs, Electives (Analysis, Algebra, Differential Geometry)
Electives (General Relativity, Astrophysics, Optics, Solid State, Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Particle Physics), Experimental Modern Physics, Undergrad Research, Graduate Courses.
>>
>"To find most university level problems you will have to navigate really shitty websites made by 50 year old PhDs who learned HTML last weekend just to make their archive of problems and solutions."

yeah, why *does* every STEM professor's website look like fucking dogshit
>>
>>8497466
because they are STEM professors, not web designers
>>
>>8497466
>yeah, why *does* every STEM professor's website look like fucking dogshit

Because they just learned basic HTML and maybe how to integrate latex into it so that they could make this one single project.

Professors are not businessmen. They are not selling their product. They do not have incentive to read web dev books and learn the most recent techniques. And heck, given 4chan's design I guess not even businessmen have that incentive most of the time.

Appreciate that or go buy 300$ books that will have shittier problems.
>>
>>8497365
I feel left out, they didn't include actuarial science anywhere.
>>
>>8497471
>>8497474
I was debating adding a "I don't expect them to be web designers" clause because of dumbfucks like you but I decided against it because I figured that I would be taken as a seeker of reasonable mean, rather than a snob advocating the diametric opposite, especially on this board where anything with a scent of liberal arts apologetics is (rightly) castigated. I was wrong. So, let me try that again: why has no professor ever heard of any other color but black and white? If it's deliberate or fashionable small rebellion against over-designed webpages, then I expect their offices and cubicles to also be stark white and devoid of any expression, or I will consider them hypocrites
>>
>>8497390
underrated
>>
>>8497504
>why has no professor ever heard of any other color but black and white?

Because the first page of a HTML book is tags

The second page of a HTML book is tag modifier

To change the color of the background (white by default) you need to modify the <body>. To change the color of the text (black by default) you need to modify either the body or the specific text containers you are using.

That is too much work. If the default text for computers was green and the default background for text was also green then most academic websites would be green screens.
>>
>>8497504
well my friend, it was an obvious answer to a rhetorical question
>>
>>8497480
same, but pretty much stats and math so conman and proofs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.