[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone has tips on how to write a good statement of purpose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 131234313.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
131234313.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
anyone has tips on how to write a good statement of purpose?
>>
bump
in the same boat
>>
>>8496917
>>8497044
op here. is it ok to be mildly humorous in the first paragraph if im telling a brief story that relates as to why i chose my field of study?
>>
>>8496917
Dear STEM queerbaits,
>>
>>8496917
For graduate school or undergraduate?
>>
>>8497089
graduate
>>
>>8497058
yeah... I would not, unless you could be very brief about it. They want to know what you're planning on doing more so than why. I think? Im waiting on my PI to review my letter to temple at the moment so who knows?
>>
>graduate student asking for tips on good statement of purpose on /sci/

>>
>>8496917
Just be honest.

"I am doing this for grant money."
>>
>>8497184
my reason isn't much better:
"I think this stuff is cool, and I want to spend more time learning about it."
>>
Write a draft and ask profs you know to critique it.

>being so incapable and autistic you ask ambiguous questions on the internet on a Thai painting exchange bazaar

There are also decent guides online.
>>
>>8497213
Bruh, all the professors are off work during the holidays.
>>
To the admissions committee,

Please hire me.

Regards,

Anon
>>
>>8497293
Remember the part of the post where >>8497213 says to do it over Thanksgiving weekend?
>>
>>8497300
not relevant.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
To ask a purpose is to promote the illegitamite ideal of free will and mind. We are but biological hives for festering bacteria and other micrologic life forms. Our forms are built from the same atoms that once were part of previous living things and their waste, rendering our physical bodies nothing more than recomposed death and fecal waste. Such an ooze cannot be considered properly alive, and is little more than an animated chemical compound responding to stimuli. The purpose of this life is merely to convert more organic matter into soil through the process of waste disposal and cadaverous decay, so to ask for any further declaration of will or intent on minutia such as this is as frivolous and pointless as the mimicry of life we hold.
>>
>>8496917

>purpose

??
>>
Bumperani
>>
>>8496917
Have something good to write about (grades, papers published, undergrad research).
Explain gaps or weaknesses in a good way.
Make sure it reads/flows well.
Don't make grammar/spelling mistakes.
Explain why you're interested in your particular field, and why you chose the university.
Suggest why the university should choose you.

That's it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.