[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the science behind snarky comments and intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: THINK!.png (338KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
THINK!.png
338KB, 900x603px
What is the science behind snarky comments and intelligence?

I'd say that /sci/ is perhaps the snarkiest board on 4chan, why is that?

Assuming,
>/sci/ is the most intelligent board on 4chan
>snarkiest posts read by me
>>
>>8496855
/sci/ is in no way, shape or form the snarkiest board on 4chan

the science behind snarky comments is that you can talk shit without consequences on the internet, so they do

also /sci/ is rampant with people trying to prove to themselves that they are intelligent
>>
>>8497040
>/sci/ is in no way, shape or form the snarkiest board on 4chan
which board do you believe to be the snarkiest then?
>>
>>8497040
>the science behind snarky comments is that you can talk shit without consequences on the internet, so they do
Why do people sound snarky then? Why can't they openly show their resentment and hatred? Instead, we get word play to hide it all.

>also /sci/ is rampant with people trying to prove to themselves that they are intelligent

Perhaps this answers my question, word play is a means to show intelligence.
>>
>>8497087
>"Why do people sound snarky then? Why can't they openly show their resentment and hatred?"
It's like a rap battle. You can't just go "fuck you, nigger." You have to destroy them on more levels of their psyche.

>"Instead, we get word play to hide it all."
I would hardly call it hidden, especially with the more popular/clever attacks eventually trickling to r/4chan or somewhere
>>
>>8497125
makes sense, thanks pal.
>>
>snarkiest board
>what is /mu/
>>
File: バジンガ.png (338KB, 557x385px) Image search: [Google]
バジンガ.png
338KB, 557x385px
>>8496855
>>
>>8496855
High IQ causates quick wit. Thats my untested conjecture, but I have no doubt its true.
>>
>>8496855
>I'd say that /sci/ is perhaps the snarkiest board on 4chan, why is that?

You've obviously never been to /g/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.