[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever read this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Image.png (412KB, 855x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
412KB, 855x1360px
Anyone ever read this shit?
>>
>>8496580
Is it gay or is it cool and not gay?
>>
>>8496581
It's fine. There's not a lot to say about it in general.
>>
>>8496581
it is okay I guess.
i read a bit of it after doing analysis, so it was kind of boring and pointless, but I would have found it interesting in my freshman year
>>
>>8496598
>>8496601
Are there better resources out there for self study of mathematical proofs?
>>
>>8496616
No idea, try googling them.
>>
>>8496601
>but I would have found it interesting in my freshman year

That's the point of intro to proof books, to read them before you get to real math.

>>8496616

Book of Proof is free: http://www.people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/
>>
I found that Book of Proof was better (and free, if that matters to you).
>>
>>8497318
Better how?
>>
>>8497357
Not the same, and not worse
>>
>>8496975
>Book of Proof is free: http://www.people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/

Did you go to vcu? Shitposting aside, I've never seen someone else recommend that.

I didn't go there but I did some work with a couple of the faculty at vcu.
>>
>>8497318
>>8497357
>>8497409

I've read both. How to prove authors tone of voice was like nails on chalk board. Wanted to punch him out half the time. Book of proof was great for self teaching with plenty of examples and sensible progressions on the problems. Even non math people could understand book of proof. No pompous patronizing bullshit in it.

So it Depends on taste and level of intelligence. If you're like me and have avg to below avg intelligwnce book of proof is prob a better choice. If you're a genius how to prove it is a better choice.
>>
>>8497357
I just liked his explanations better. Also I thought it was more straightforward. That being said, I don't particularly dislike Velleman, I also read like half of it.
>>
this one is good plus the instructor solution manual is on the internet as a pdf for self study

https://www.amazon.com/Mathematical-Proofs-Transition-Advanced-Mathematics/dp/0321390539
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.