[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>unnecessarily "rigorous" mathematical expressions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

My topography book uses some dumbly obfuscated matrix operations instead of saying something like "add each angle to the previous and divide the sum by C".

Why do you have to do this you dumb cunts?
I can tell you're trying too hard to make this look important. Just stop and make everyone's life easier.
>>
Probably so that when you scale the difficulty of the problem up the method still works.
>>
Post it.

Oh wait you won't because you're just a brainlet whining that a mathematical expression involves more than adding and multiplying counting numbers.
>>
>>8496504
Mathematicians, being the most elitist and stuck up stem group, enjoy being over your head. It's like a mental illness.
>>
>>8496504
If you were any not-shit at math then the first thing you would question is 'how the fuck did they find a way to model this with matrices and now how exactly does this subject relate to linear algebra?'.

Students with that attitude are fucking your girlfriend and getting 10 times more money and pussy than you.
>>
>>8496504
Its almost like you don't understand what mathematics is
>>
>>8496582
Jokes them my girlfriend is a boy.
>>
>>8496622
Since when do engineers study topography?
>>
>>8496624
I started a couple years into grad school.

> start reading a dynamical systems book
> see neighborhoods everywhere
>>
>>8496631
Neighborhoods?

Do you mean topology? I am talking about topography you fake gamer girl.
>>
>>8496634
Yeah I was about to delete my post after rereading yours.

I remember the sophmore civies would go out and do surveying. That's basically topography right?
>>
>>8496504
It keeps people in the dark about how much bullshit their field is.
>>
>>8496576
>>8496783
>>
>>8496504
the answer is group theory
or category theory

that is to say, if you can represent the method or whatever as a matrix, it has ALL of the necessary properties of anything related to matrices of that size and structure.
>>
>>8496576
Actually mathematicians just like to express things in their own form of pottery because mathematics is a art.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>8496622
Jelly af, I want a boy girlfriend
>>
What pisses me off is they don't write explanations when they don't expect the readers to get it.

how hard is it to do "// blahablahblahblah"
>>
>>8497209
t. cs brainlet
>>
>>8496827
That's representation theory.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.