[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Congo Dandies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lilnigglet.png (757KB, 738x489px) Image search: [Google]
lilnigglet.png
757KB, 738x489px
How is this behaviour present in a first world society's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A
>>
>>8495543
>non siberian whites or eastern asians
>having anything to do with civilization

Tep koks all around.
>>
Hey, if they want to look clean cut, that's good. I like it.
>>
>>8495554
But there are better ways to utilize the money instead they chose for something that doesnt help to overcome poverty
>>
>>8495543
seems like a parade
>>
>>8495564
Has the same effect as giving them aid and food for free instead of letting local farmers work and build an economy.
>>
>you will never be the local celebrity of an African shanty town because you can afford a brightly colored incorrectly sewn suit you spent all $250 of your family's life savings on

why live?
>>
Social status
>>
>>8495543

Fucking primates.
>>
>>8495543
From the sound of it he's actually relatively well off compared to everyone else.
So it's comparable to an middle class person dressing better than a lowerclass/hood rat.
>>
>>8495564
This is probably true for almost every person on the planet though. You don't spend every penny to maximize your assets. People have different preferences and think different things are worth spending money on. I mean where i live people borrow money to buy a bmw
>>
>>8495543
Here in Poland it's very present.

Many people immigrate to Germany to work and then spend their life savings on a good car first. Poor families often have parents with new Iphones and expensive clothes and children wearing rags after social benefits hit them. Poor people in very many cases are poor because they can't manage their spendings. They often go to small expensive shops that are usually good only for convenient location and then dump half of their savings here, mostly on alcohol. The middle class and lower middle class are way more often seen in the biggest and cheapest shops than actually poor people.
>>
>>8495543
I only watched the first couple of minutes. He mentions saving up two years to buy a fany pair of shoes. This is actually a well functioning capitalism. The shoes and other fancy clothes are his assets. I stopped watching after I saw a guy cleaning the street in front of those two dandies. I mean they literally have a guy who cleans the streets they are walking so they're clothes won't get dirty. And you are still asking yourself why they are spending money on it?

As I said, this is well-functioning capitalism, because these guys are thinking long-term. Africa's problem is a lack of that. There are countless examples. If you gift a tractor to a village to uplift the productivity of their agriculture, the villagers will sell the parts to a scrap dealer, live off the money they got from it for one year and then again be back at nothing. If the villagers had the long-term rational mind of those dandies, they would keep the tractor and realize in the long run they will be better off due to growing agrictultural production.
>>
>>8495994
A lot of poor people stay poor because they are scared of being perceived as poor here in the states, too. They buy shit they have no business buying just so that they can pretend they are middle class.
>>
>>8496024
lel

stop spending all your time on mises.org m8
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.