[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pepefallout.jpg (13KB, 279x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepefallout.jpg
13KB, 279x200px
Any body done any cool internships? If so pls share your stories.

I'm looking for internships right now. Anybody have any leads? I'm a physics major.
>>
Not OP, but follow question: I'm studying mechanical engineering and never got an internship. How fucked am I?
>>
I did two internships doing electrical schematics, PLCs, and HMIs
>>
>>8492933
Probably pretty fucked b
I'm studying the same but I'm only a mere undergrad cuntslut so there's that
>>
>>8492951
Nice. How did you get them? I've been applying all over the place for the past few weeks and it feels like a crapshoot
>>
>>8493019
Made an impression during high school on the dad of another student/friend so he offered me the first one when I turned 18.
This summer I might be getting one without having a prior connection, but this is as a 4th year
>>
>>8492891

There is no such thing as a cool internship, and I count myself very lucky that I was not obliged to perform one in order to graduate.

Anyone who tells you different is wrong, because they're not thinking big picture. The only reason why you wrongly prize internships is because you (partially legitimately, but more importantly illegitimately so) (falsely) believe that the job market obliges you to perform internships, when in fact this practice ought to be outlawed altogether and all participants punished for participating in such an exchange to begin with.

The apprenticeship, the at-will employment, the startup. These have, in the abstract, some /assurance/ or expectation of growth, which the internship does not. Not the internship, Fuck the internship, and anyone who tells you different is wrong.
>>
>>8493276
The internship gives valuable experience and much needed cash
>>
>>8492891
Math major here. Really early (as in as an freshman) I got a summer internship at a company that makes banking software. That (unpaid) internship turned into a part time job after only a few months, and I still have that job.

Feels good man. In a day I write code, work through some elementary algebra, generate statistics and sometimes I have to get a bit into elementary numerical analysis.

This is probably one of the most math heavy programming positions out there that you can get without a PhD in mathematics or CS.
>>
I'm on my fifth co-op term right now. I've worked in automotive parts manufacturing, the scissor lift industry, and the elevator industry.
>>
>>8493276
lol

So, you're a manager. Do you hire the guy with some work experience, or with no work experience?

But I agree: there's no such thing as a cool internship, unless you consider being the expendable bottom-rung of a ladder as "cool"

>>8492933
Better get one m8

>>8492891
Used to do environmental testing for aerospace components (temp/altitude/humidity tests, corrosion tests, flammability tests, etc.). Pay was shit, but it taught me a ton, and (in an indirect way) led me to my current job as an aerospace stress engineer.
>>
>>8494571
Everyone has to start at the bottom of some ladder. Even people born billionaires have to start at the bottom of the ladder of his dad's companies executives.
>>
IBM and SAP.
Not much to say
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.