[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What inspires you? What inspires you to further your research?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Saturn.gif (826KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Saturn.gif
826KB, 500x500px
What inspires you? What inspires you to further your research? What facts about the universe motivate you?

I want to know how invested you are in the universe, the world you live in. No judgement to those who's profession is related strictly to the Earth or the sun, but you can be a geologist on Earth and still look beyond the stars. Hope it doesn't go too far into >>>/x/
>>
>>8490988
The survival of our race and therefore my offspring, not to mention, my insatiable lust for knowledge.
>>
>>8490988
>What facts about the universe motivate you?
The existence of consciousness.
>>
>>8490998

That's what I said
>>
>>8490998
topkek
>>
>>8490998
Dis.
>>
We are all natural occurrences. The Mona Lisa is a natural occurrence. Just the fact that we're all part of the patterns of the universe and how it's everything is why I think it's wonderful to study it and analyze it. I feel like that's all that matters, truly. But, yeah, there's plenty of other things that matter but my love for this universe is pretty far.

I'd rate this universe a 10/10. I hope you would, too.
>>
Frankly, nothing motivates me. I'm extremely curious, but am kinda depressed about there being no real meaning in anything I do.
>>
>>8491163
We assign meaning, instead, look for purpose.
>>
>>8491163

You're your own world and the creator of your own meanings. After all, anything you're sensing right nor or any thoughts you're having is all from you. So meaning is pretty subjective, and maybe you dismiss a lot of meanings all the time because they're not "meaningful" to you. Don't do that and you might find that there's a lot of things that are meaningful to you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.