[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

blood letting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gasthuizen319.jpg (56KB, 440x415px) Image search: [Google]
gasthuizen319.jpg
56KB, 440x415px
So a while back they discovered that when old mice are transfused with blood from young mice it made the older mice younger. This led to the belief that young blood has something in it that makes you young again.

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms13363
This newest study says that's incorrect. It's old blood that has something in it that makes you age faster. There was never anything in young blood that makes mice/people young. Replacing old blood with new blood just removes the chemicals in old blood that make you age.

My question is should blood letting and leaches be reexamined for medicinal value? If old blood has shit in it that makes you age, and can't be filtered out naturally, then blood letting and leaches should remove it. This was the working theory back in the day before it was abandoned. Why did they abandon it? What specific evidence or proof did they have to doubt blood letting other than too much can kill you?
>>
>>8490309
>bloodletting
>leeches
Couldn't you just make blood donation mandatory for everyone without a blood-transmitted disease?
>>
>>8490327
Obviously blood donation is the modern day version of blood letting and leaches. Having a nurse, that pays you money, to monitor your vitals eliminates that dangerous side effect of taking blood letting too far.
>>
"Old blood" isn't that old, all of the cells have a limited life span and are replaced continually, and fluids are added/removed constantly. Taking blood and then replacing it with blood made internally by an "Old" person isn't going to be that different. A complete exchange transfusion of blood from younger donors may be different (although repeat transfusion is a bad idea for various reasons, including risk of tti that goes up with each donor exposure, development of allo antibodies, iron buildup and required chelation, risk of transfusion reaction or trali, or other transfusion associated organ injury, etc.).
What are these "things in old blood" that have an effect?
>>
>>8490459
Fear the Old Blood
[spoiler]I think op is referring to toxins
>>
>>8490459
Accumulated substances the body has no mechanism to filter out naturally, apparently.
>>
>>8490309
Would bet money Hillary was getting young girl blood transfusions daily during the campaign.
>>
>>8491101
Who the fuck cares? Why can't there be 1 (one) thread without one of autistic asshole amerifucks sticking your shitty politics in? "Hillary this" "Trump that"
FUCK
OFF
>>
>>8490309
Leeches are still used. Mainly for the antibacterial properties and for making your blood flow more smoothly.
>>
>>8490309
This is absolute bullshit
Everything in the blood is recycled, with execption given to B memory cells.
Again, aging is because the specialized cells jn the body lose the ability to reproduce, and it isn't exactly possible to replace them when they die.
If blood letting worked the Romans and Arabs would have had life spans longer than 40 years.
Fuck off
>>
>>8492187
lifespan averages were thrown off by exceedingly high child mortality. Fact is if a roman lived to be 20, he had a very good chance to living to 70-80
>>
Now I'm thinking about cutting, not sure if smart choice tho.
>>
>>8492442
Self or others?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.