[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what level of elite do you have to be to become an astronaut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 0af59164279c0534016c1e70b1746cd6.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0af59164279c0534016c1e70b1746cd6.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
what level of elite do you have to be to become an astronaut? perfect marks, perfect health, postdoc contributions in fields related to upcoming space projects? even then you're fighting against tens of thousands of applicants for a single seat in a launch vehicle. it must be beyond stressful but i guess they can cope with it like it's nothing.

what kind of mindset do you need? you clearly can't just be passionate about going into space, or you'd burn out fast in the weeding process. do you just have to be lucky as hell?
>>
>>8489532
you don't need to be a scientist to be an astronaut

most of the science that you do in space consists of pressing a button, turning a knob, etc,
because the experiments have been set up for you beforehand by the top-tier scientists who are monitoring all the shit you do from earth

you need to demonstrate that you can solve problems and not get panicked. This is why so many astronauts were chosen from a list of test pilots

if you want an extra edge - be an identical twin
>>
>>8489532
>what level of elite do you have to be to become an astronaut?
must be a high ranking freemason and part of a large chapter or lodge.

> perfect marks, perfect health, postdoc contributions in fields related to upcoming space projects?
all projects are not space and only high altitude aircraft.

>>8489546
>you don't need to be a scientist to be an astronaut
/thread

get it out of your head. space is a lie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQYCEYiRMEo
>>
File: tumblr_lt8ft8DrY41qahv20o1_500.jpg (37KB, 350x612px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt8ft8DrY41qahv20o1_500.jpg
37KB, 350x612px
>>8489611
>must be a high ranking freemason and part of a large chapter or lodge.
damn right.
pic related.

nasa is a huge fraud. people can be bought off just like the FDA.
>>
>>8489532
You need to be perfectly healthy. Any heart conditions, obesity, major surgeries in the past, motor dysfunctions and similar issues are a dealbreaker.
>>
>>8489620
i don't have have of those things. i do however chronically masturbate.
>>
>>8489629
If you want to jerk off in space you have to keep the airlock open an inch wide so the jizz doesn't shortcircuit the delicate machinery. Your seed might travel indefinitely through interstellar space, eventually landing in some primordial ooze on a planet, spawning new life. It's called panspermia.
>>
File: 1478657845129.gif (124KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478657845129.gif
124KB, 300x300px
>>8489635
is this how the engineers in Prometheus came to be?
>>
>>8489611
>>8489614

>(You)
>>
File: robonaut_0.jpg (111KB, 1156x769px) Image search: [Google]
robonaut_0.jpg
111KB, 1156x769px
Why would you want to go up there anyway?
>>
Could you be an astronaut with chronic flatulence? Just wondering.
>>
>>8489532
You need the right stuff.
>>
>>8489532
Astronaut Candidate (Non-Piloting background)

Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.

Degree must be followed by at least 3 years of related, progressively responsible, professional experience or at least 1,000 pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft. An advanced degree is desirable and may be substituted for experience as follows: master’s degree = 1 year of experience, doctoral degree = 3 years of experience. Teaching experience, including experience at the K - 12 levels, is considered to be qualifying experience for the Astronaut Candidate position; provided degree is in a Science, Engineering, or Mathematics field.

Ability to pass the NASA long-duration Astronaut physical, which includes the following specific requirements:

Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20, each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable.

The refractive surgical procedures of the eye, PRK and LASIK, are allowed. Note that such surgeries are permitted, but not required for potential applicants.

Since all crewmembers will be expected to fly aboard a specific spacecraft vehicle and perform Extravehicular Activities (space walks), applicants must meet the anthropometric requirements for both the specific vehicle and the extravehicular activity mobility unit (space suit). Applicants brought in for an interview will be evaluated to ensure they meet the anthropometric requirements.
>>
File: space_lesson.jpg (12KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
space_lesson.jpg
12KB, 300x180px
Teaching experience..
>>
Would they prefer manlets before lanklets? I'm 1m70, i could probably get my weight down to 50kg if I tried.

That's like 20 kg less than the avg healthy adult. Considering the high price per kg to orbit isn't that an advantage?
>>
>>8489665
Or IBS
Imagine blasting shit all over the ISS
>>
>>8489908
My chronic flatulence is a result of IBS.
>>
>>8489546

>if you want an extra edge - be an identical twin

2edgy4me. Makes a lot of sense though, if something goes wrong with the guy up there, they can test the guy down here and figure out why.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.