[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/, i am not hostile and i come from /b/ for help, there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1479777012573.png (203KB, 1080x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1479777012573.png
203KB, 1080x1432px
Hello /sci/, i am not hostile and i come from /b/ for help, there is this guy who left us a riddle, and we need your help on this one, /x/ aren't so helpful so why the fuck not /sci/

>>/b/712542861

help us out here.
>>
File: Blood Dash rätsel.jpg (210KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Dash rätsel.jpg
210KB, 1440x900px
Solve me, and you will be.

Contact me if|---|if not do not. you have been warned.

n6gcwjbsx7qcnjxp
>>
>>8489159
maybe any medfag can help us with this, maybe it's an xray of something or i don't know
>>
>>8489159
>>8489159
Have you checked the metadata of the image?
>>
>>8489159

What file format was the original pic posted in?
If you converted it from png to jpg we have artifacts and have clues lost.
>>
>>8489171
no metadata at all, faggot op haven't gave any clues, we tried to enhance the picture several times, only found some less highlighted scribbles, which look like alphanumeric but i am not sure.
>>
>>8489171
No Meta
>>8489173
Original was a .jpeg
>>
>>8489176
Why do they post stuff like this on /b/? Though, /sci/ is too slow and /g/ is too dumb.
>>
>>8489173
from thread
>Looks like JPEG compression. At least we know that OP compressed it as a JPEG, that means that fine detail will have been lost, so it's not some stupid thing like XORing every third color bit or w/e
>>
linking myself to thread
>>>>/b/712542861
>>
bump?
>>
>>8489198
lel, this isn't /b/, this is a slow ass board. When it gets to page 3 or more you can start bumping if it's urgent
>>
>>8489159
>Steganography
>Cryptography

Look at it's metadata.

Attempt to convert it into sound and use a spectrum analyzer to observe it.

Look at it's raw source code and look for anomalies.
>>
>>8489373
Any luck?
>>
>>8489157
The OP probably got his inspiration from Cicada 3301. Running outguess (a steg tool) against the jpg reveals a data blob.

I base64 encoded this an upped it to pastebin, so you need to decode it to get the actual data blob, or run outguess yourself.

http://pastebin.com/13GpD7jV

SHA1:
01a8892a74ff77fb1ce1c2cd110bfff15e3e3118 blob.b64
fb593c00a3b8aa6ceb69f1e8372f919aa58f4aad blob

So far, no idea what the data is supposed to be.
>>
>>8489786
OP from the /b/ thread also posted this in the original post: n6gcwjbsx7qcnjxp.
>>
the "n6gcwjbsx7qcnjxp" looks like an encrypted message i first thought it might be base 64 but it's not(maybe polyalphebatic cipher?), so we probably need a cryptogrologist to crack this shit up
>>
>>8490208
*cryptologist
>>
onion? get that shit in tor
>>
/g/ might be better at solving this
>>
>>8489161
medfag here, doesnt seem organic.
>>
>>8490640
>n6gcwjbsx7qcnjxp
Just checked Tor, couldn't find anything.
>>
>>8489157
Hello, math-fag in cryptography. Let me know if you come onto anything substantial. Otherwise I'll be /lurking/ because I'm useless with any of this metadata or file hash shit.
>>
>>8490984
How about this: >>8489786?
>>
>>8490987
Very interesting.

Can you tell me in laymen and then specifics how you got all of this and where in the file it came from or the process you used to get these?

It would help.
>>
>>8490992
>Outguess
http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/OutGuess
Run outguess with the -r option over the image file.
>image file
The same file as in the second post of this thread.
>>
>>8491004
Was just looking at that, heh.
Sorry, I thought there would have been something more complicated than that.

So it is a Stenograph obviously.

Alright I'll get to work on them. If I don't find anything then I'll let you guys know. If I do then I will post it and never touch it again (long story about the last time I did something like this on Onion web, not even roleplaying desu). It might take a while and depending on if this is legit or there's a good chance that I won't find anything (I emphasize on "I"). If it's legit there's a much higher chance that I won't find anything or that it will probably just lead to another obnoxious puzzle. If it's not legit then well I don't know, maybe nothing, maybe a le xd u r trelled.
>>
>>8491011
Out of curiosity, what's the best way to 'get into' cryptology? - Also, thank you for spending your time on it, anon.
>>
>>8491015
To be honest I learned the basics through some elective courses I took in my first year as a computer systems engineer (I switched into electrical engineering, was only in it to make the switch easier)

I just kind of kept reading on it. Honestly having a very good foundation of programming is important as most of the interesting or professional tier stuff you come across isn't usually plug and play from an already written app.

Understanding math is important but it's mostly calc 2 tier stuff like probability fields, log functions, Lattices and simple curves and such.

The software and programming side of it is the hardest to learn desu, not because it's intrinsically hard but because most of the languages don't have relatable examples do ciphering and deciphering stuff. I learned a lot of the stuff by trial and error in my spare time but there's probably some great resources out there that I just never found.
>>
>>8491062
That's excellent advice, anon.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.