[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw sequences and series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1442447785004.jpg (9KB, 244x239px) Image search: [Google]
1442447785004.jpg
9KB, 244x239px
>mfw sequences and series
>>
What's giving you trouble senpai?
>>
Calc II?
>>
>>8489114
Calc II or analysis
>>
File: ratio test.png (232KB, 680x1016px) Image search: [Google]
ratio test.png
232KB, 680x1016px
>>8489144
Why does this work? The limit that we found is of n+1/n, NOT of the original series. We never found the limit of the original series.
>>8489155
Yes. The class wasn't too hard up until now.
>>
>>8489182
The test for divergence. If a series converges the limit of the sequence in the series should be zero. If the limit is not zero you will be adding numbers forever which are increasing your series. I'm not very good at explaining.
>>
>>8489199
oops nevermind I'm retarded.
>>
That is the sequence for the original series I'm pretty sure. Looks like they try the ratio test for it then use the divergence test which they probably should've done first to conclude that the series is divergent.
>>
>>8489222
Yup, you're right, guess I'm retarded. Maybe I should switch to a liberal arts major.
>>
File: 1410344281972.jpg (50KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1410344281972.jpg
50KB, 403x403px
>calc 1-3 is derivatives, integrals, and series respectively at my uni
>multivariable is its own course
>go to CC for calc 3, and it's just multivariable, series were covered in calc 2
>never ever learned anything about series

How fucked am I if I want to take ODE and Optimization?
>>
I wished my lecturers had been more explicit about what these things are. "We're assigning meaning to what an infinite sum could be", rather than just jumping in and acting like an infinite sum is a natural consequence of basic finite sums and going "YEAH BRO YOURE JUST ADDING INFINITELY MANY TERMS"
>>
>>8489360
you only need power series and the book covers the material

just watch a few khan or patrickjmt vids on the subject
>>
>>8489114
They're actually pretty easy once you get used to them. My advice is write out each theorem/definition rigorously (using set theory and symbolic logic). This way you will know precisely what conditions must be true to use a given technique. You should be doing this from here out in your mathematics studies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.