[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any tips on getting scholarships as a STEM major?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: new-years-party-guy-374694.jpg (298KB, 1300x1219px) Image search: [Google]
new-years-party-guy-374694.jpg
298KB, 1300x1219px
Anyone have any tips on getting scholarships as a STEM major? My school refuses to give me financial aid and it's costing me out the bum.
>>
Be black or a women
>>
Do rowing as in the sport.
Or become disabled... fast.
>>
>>8489004
>Do rowing as in the sport
explain
>>
>>8488969
>My school refuses to give me financial aid
The fuck? Are your parents rich as fuck or something?

Or you're the most white person on earth or something to not get financial aid, or you're an asshole or something.
The fuck did you do? Anyway, the only tip i have for you is to git gud at your grades and submit them to some STEM organization related to what you study
>>
>>8489583
Not OP but my mom is upper middle class and had me when she was older so she has much more in savings and I receive nothing in financial aid. She also refuses to pay anything for college citing that I need to make my own way like she did. So that kinda sucks, but Im trying to make it work
>>
>>8489011
to get honor for the school in the Rowing Competitions
>>
>>8489812
Wow, your mom truly gave you nice cards for life. How does it feel to be more disadvantaged than Pajedro from the trashbin?
>>
I went to a community college and got a full ride scholarship. Depends how high you are aiming school wise. Everyone else here is missing half a brain so I was able to walk in and get thrown money.
>>
>>8489944
>and got a full ride scholarship
By doing... ?

It bothers me that people never say how exactly they qualified for their gorillion dollar scholarship
>>
>>8490204
I have been working in labs and on research projects since freshman year of high school. To apply I wrote a paper to the committee and got accepted for the scholarship.
>>
>>8489929
It's not too bad luckily she lived in a decent area which had a decent public high school and I got fairly good grades took all AP classes junior and senior year and feel relatively prepared for college. I got pretty lucky and got a 35 on my ACT so I'm going to take advantage of the University of Alabama full ride scholarship so I'll work during the summer and earn around 15-20k which will pay for all room and board and food so I'm alright. But yeah it does kind of suck because I could have also gone to like Northwestern or Duke
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.