[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only class I've ever taken in that I enjoyed/was interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1467825575530.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467825575530.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>only class I've ever taken in that I enjoyed/was interested in was a random earth science class
>keep thinking about BS in geology

what do
>>
>>8486138

Dude, geology is great.

I love selling hardwood floors and cleaning kits to house poor mortgage slaves. It's a rewarding undergraduate choice.
>>
>>8486146
are you implying that the unemployment rate for geological engineers is high ? Because it doesn't seem like it
https://www.studentscholarships.org/professions/541/unemployment/mining_and_geological_engineers.php
>>
>>8486154
Become an oil company shill
>>
>>8486146
That's my biggest fear.

I don't want to not have a job.

I'm sort of interested in hydrogeology which I think might help a bit, but still.

I did the CS meme because I had no idea what I wanted to do and I really don't like CS and don't want to do it.
>>
pls respond
>>
>>8486175

Learn some statistics and with your coding skills, companies will love you.
>>
>>8486154

A geologist is not a geological/mining engineer.
>>
>>8486235
I just don't like CS is the problem, as a matter of fact I fucking hate it.

>>8486242
Yeah that's the problem. I see a bunch of stuff about how you need a masters and all that, which isn't that much of a problem as I don't mind getting a masters.

I just don't know what to do, I've never really liked or enjoyed anything and geology/earth science is the thing that keeps coming back as something I'm slightly interested in.

But I don't know what it's like so I'm loathe to switch.
>>
>>8486146
I gotta job 6 months before graduating. where do you live, what was your GPA?
>>
>>8486175
Don't worry about it man. I did fine, and I was pres of my school's club, and everyone in my major got a geo related job after graduating.
>>
>>8486351

Who the fuck in industry asks for a GPA?
>>
>>8486354
I'm also sort of worried if I do that and don't like it.

then I just look like an indecisive retard
>>
>>8486388
I live in D.C./Balt. area. My job now, and a lot of positions in the area have a 3.0 cut-off
>>
>>8486544

And what positions are those?
>>
>>8486425
Well you can always go back to school, there's guarantee that your first career will be the one that works for you. Figuring out how to work the career part of your life out is a big responsibility for everyone.
>>
>>8486548
mostly geotech engineer, and staff geologists for consulting firms
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.