[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 00279b8f_medium.jpg (19KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
00279b8f_medium.jpg
19KB, 196x300px
do i have to study real analysis before i can do complex analysis?
>>
Yeah.
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
Not really.
>>
>>8482853
seconded

Complex analysis is basically an intro to complex plane geometry and then a bunch of techniques for integration on the complex plane. You only use a small amount of analysis in a few of formalisms but your professor will likely handwave that shit away anyways.
>>
>>8482858
>but your professor will likely handwave that shit away anyways
I feel bad for you and the complex analysis course you went through.
>>
>>8481369
not the first course taught at most schools
for the grad version yes

here is a full course
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBY4G2o7DhF0TSossUvJ-CTKSLfOhQgb6
>>
>>8481386
>>8482853
>>8482858
>>8482866

so, yes or no? can anyone tell me why or why not? i'm still unsure, given the variety of answers
>>
>>8482953
complex analysis requires the concept of differentiation to define holomorphic functions, you should know taylorseries, line integral, some basic theorems like implicit function theorem/theorem of inverse function, be good with sequences and know basic linear algebra things. For higher complex analysis you need basic topology as you will enter riemanian manifolds.
>>
File: 1457638153529.gif (2MB, 462x325px) Image search: [Google]
1457638153529.gif
2MB, 462x325px
No you don't, but depending on what you mean by real analysis. Elementary complex analysis (Cauchy's theorems and formulas, power series expansions argument principle and their corollaries) requires you to have some acquaintance with concepts of limit, continuity convergence, contentedness and compactness, at the level of an introductory analysis/calculus course.

There are really beautiful more advanced topics related to complex analysis that of course require a solid graduate level real analysis background, and by that background I mean stuff like theory of integration and function spaces.
>>
>>8482953
you are massive faggot
for the rudin book you will need analysis
for a book like churchill you will not need analysis

get something like this to start with
https://www.amazon.com/Complex-Variables-Scientists-Engineers-Mathematics/dp/0486493474/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.