[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone goes to university now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: computerScience.jpg (83KB, 762x300px) Image search: [Google]
computerScience.jpg
83KB, 762x300px
I had a date with a 19-year-old today. I'm 24. Her profile seemed normal, but on the date she eventually said that she was stupid using the politically correct term "learning disabled." She didn't even really admit to having one, but she said she had one as a kid, which is the same shit. As soon as she said that I pretended to be interested for another 10 minutes and left. This is the second time this has happened to me this year. Previously, it was an 18-year-old woman who said the same shit, at the same coffee shop over the summer. Both of them were over 17 and not in university/college, but working. It used to be that there were some normal people who would forgo college to do other stuff, or take a gap year/holiday, but it seems like every single fucking person goes to college now, unless they are some kind of retard. I can't find the stats right now, but I remember reading that something like 60% of Canadian Gen Y women have gone to university or college, so at least 20% of below average intelligence women go to college. I never called the first one back and I'm not calling the one I met today either.

Is college basically high school now? Is it really so worthless that only the most retarded people don't go to it. I used to think of college or university as a personal choice that was right for some people and wrong for others, but it's basically just part of high school that you have to pay for with your own money or your parents' money now. It's been completely ruined by this. Even STEM is being inflated. It makes me wonder what my degree is going to be worth.

If you live in a first world country, don't bother with women who haven't gone to university even if they're under 20. 2/3 times they are stupid as hell. College is the new high school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_inflation
>>
>>8481125
>but it seems like every single fucking person goes to college now

This has been a thing for a while now,are you living under a rock?

>Is college basically high school now?
Yes,and its a real shame not to finish uni now because every retard out there will have a degree and you wont.
>>
>>8481144
So our universities are officially diploma mills?

https://techcrunch.com/2011/04/10/peter-thiel-were-in-a-bubble-and-its-not-the-internet-its-higher-education/
>>
>>8481149
They need money like any other business,they generate money making by enrolling more students.
Information should be free for anyone period,for people that want to learn they will learn.
Professors are just a cover for the scam this people are doing to make it look legit.
There is no getting around that and people are allowing this for some reason i cant understand.
>>
>>8481153
I'm doing school online right now and it's costing just as much as my brick and mortar university did.

>inb4 scam

I used to physically attend the university. It's accredited. I like not having an alarm clock.
>>
>>8481125
I went straight from HS to a job, $80k in the bank and three cars and I'm like 20

Pretty much everyone I knew was going to university and nobody had any idea what they wanted to do apart from smoke dope and party
>>
>>8481155
>accredited
Everyone is accredited now,what the fuck does that even mean in real life when employers only care about your work experience and not the TOP 100 accredited university you been to.
And the end of the day all we see is countless power point presentations,with sub par textbook recommendation for which you may or may not have actual hands on experience.
Its all bullshit and I feel bad for wasting the money i did,something needs to change and I dont know what.
>>
>>8481157
What exactly do you do?

>>8481159
It's Canada and I'm getting work experience right now.

I agree that something needs to change. I don't remember shit from 2 years ago, so the degree shouldn't be 4 years.
>>
>>8481157
What do you even need 3 cars for? Why not have one real nice car, save the difference and then be on an even better economic stand.

Oh, right. You didn't go to college. Sorry retardo :^)
>>
>>8481125
People have an option to make what they will for their life.

They seek the rigor they want.

Not every one thinks like you, is a quote my grandpa told my father.
>>
>>8481125
besides, people want more money rather than education.......
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.