[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking news!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Cryogenically-Froze.jpg (29KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cryogenically-Froze.jpg
29KB, 320x240px
This story was embargoed by the UK media until 00:00 so may not be "legal" in your country.

A Judge has made a landmark ruling which will allow a 14 year old girl with Cancer to be frozen, and then ressurected in the future when a treatment is available.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/18/cancer-girl-14-is-cryogenically-frozen-after-telling-judge-she-w/

What does /sci/ think?
>>
Let it go, let it go
>>
But she's dead by now anyway, nothing groundbreaking.
>>
>I want to live longer...
A teenager indeed
>>
roastie BTFO
>>
She's dead
even if she was alive before getting frozen she would die in the process, there is no way to resurrect cells that are frozen with liquid nitrogen, it creates micro crystals inside cells that tear everything apart
>>
>>8480547
About 10 years ago I read about how there is a way to combat that with insuline or some shit. Besides, successful cryonic experiments have been made with animals, even (as they claim) with the unfrozen animal having at least some of the memory it had before.
>>
>>8480497
Good riddance, that is all I have to say.

Maybe in the future when they won't be able to resurrect her, they can study her organs to know how humans were many years ago.
>>
>>8480549

it doesn't matter what was done experimentally, she was frozen with the old way with liquid nitrogen, not even a miracle will resurrect her, her brain cells were gone the moment she was frozen

also I do not believe in those claims of successful experiments
>>
>>8480552
How many years do you think it will take for organs to change? Your body is the same your ancestors had 200 000 years ago.
>>
>>8480561
We are always changing, and your grandfather'
s generation has changes(albeit small) within their DNA.
>>
>>8480554
better for her to die, before her body breaks down completely, with hope for the future, than in a hospital bed in a broken shell of a body knowing nothing awaits besides oblivion, right?
>>
>>8480565
Not enough to show up in autopsy. There will be nothing special about her organs. Her DNA, sure, but you don't need to preserve the whole body for that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-17_21-39-37.png (220KB, 709x492px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-17_21-39-37.png
220KB, 709x492px
sauce on the piece of ass?
>>
>>8480567

It doesn't matter, when you die, you die, there's no difference
>>
>>8480502
lol'd
>>
>>8480547
>>8480554
>>8480567
Full article said she died of natural causes, then was frozen. It ended up a court case because she was a minor and her father objected to it.

I thought from the OP this would be like an assisted suicide argument but no, she was declared dead before they ever started the cryogenic process. I didn't understand how that could possibly be controversial at all.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.