[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marijuana and vehicles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: jessie_abbate_reload.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
jessie_abbate_reload.gif
2MB, 320x180px
Marijuana now has a range of legality around the world, and indeed from state to state within the U.S.
What are the implications for the public with respect to motor vehicle operators? Does prolonged use of marijuana (whether medically or recreationally) have a negative effect on the ability to drive safely?
Input from medfags, lawfags, or just talkative fags would be welcomed.
>>
>>8478920
Obviously there will be more late night trips to stock up on food.
>>
File: 1464213940052.jpg (19KB, 480x401px) Image search: [Google]
1464213940052.jpg
19KB, 480x401px
>Does prolonged use of marijuana (whether medically or recreationally) have a negative effect on the ability to drive safely?

Probably not. I've gotten high almost every single day for about three years, and I haven't gotten a single ticket nor have I been in an accident. I've read studies on this subject before, and they seem to suggest that people tend to drive with more caution while high. But I can't remember if they were long-term users or not, probably because I'm always high.
>>
?
its called DUI, driving under influence
its illegal
>>
>>8479535
Fuck off its not alcohol and doesn't affect people like it.
Tell everyone everywhere to stop driving while on medication why don't you.
As long as your attentive and use a moderate daily intake of THC you can still driver better than most soccer moms.
>>
>>8479535
What about when the driver doesn't have measurable levels of drug in their system any more, do they retain the same skills and reactions that they had when they took their driving test?
Do people taking other medications have to prove that they are still fit to drive, or is it just a matter of personal choice based on their interpretation of "do not drive or operate heavy machinery" on the advisory leaflet with the pills?
>>
if you can't drive a vehicle under the influence of marijuana, even heavy influence, you're practically retarded and shouldn't be driving in the first place. it really isn't hard
>>
When i lived in canada i drove with several people who 24/7 blazed it and they seemed to have slower reaction than the poeple who didn't smoke, even when they weren't stoned. It was scary some times even. One guy would drive really fast and then have to hit the breaks really hard when caching up to a car in front. He said he didn't do it on purpose. Maybe he zoomed out
>>
I feel like a bigger issue would be the creation of traffic jams from people driving too slow rather than any real danger of people crashing or swerving like maniacs down the road like they do with alcohol.
>>
ITT: I GET BLAZED AND DRIVE EVERY DAMN DAY IT DONT DO SHIT LOL

We'd treat it like alcohol. If an officer suspects you of being high, they can conduct a field sobriety test to determine if it's enough to affect you.

The first step is to change it's federal schedule and open the doors to research. Let a few peer reviewed studies determine if it's dangerous to drive high and make laws based on the evidence.

If weed legislation turns out to be anything similar to gun legislation though, we'll have laws fueled by fear and the concerns of soccer moms and your grandmother with little scientific evidence.
>>
>>8479978
Problem is the doesn't clear as fast as alcohol does, and you can't do a field test for someone being high because thc sits in the system even once the high is long gone.
>>
>>8480407
THC content isn't what puts your car into a tree, you being high is.
Your body can be 50% THC, if you're sober you're fine
>>
>>8478920
>Does prolonged use of marijuana (whether medically or recreationally) have a negative effect on the ability to drive safely?
obviously not
Witness all the aging stoners who still drive, if marijuana had a deleterious effect that was cumulative over time and dosage don't you think you'd be seeing it by now?

There was a multi-generational study on cannabis use done by a nun in jamaica that didn't show any long term harmful effects.
>>
>>8478920
Yeah if you smoke your whole life at the end you'll be dead and will crash the car killing everyone inside. But the light beings will escape and survive but what you identify with meaning your body and mind will be separated into many pieces.
>>
I used to smoke. Smoking caused me to have slower reaction times, caused distant or bright objects to blend together more at night time, didn't allow for me to make critical, instant decisions as effectively as I would've in a sober state. While it is nothing like alcohol, I believe it can be very dangerous. Some people will drive with more caution because they need to overcompensate so they drive normally. Anyone who thinks that driving high is fine really needs a reality check.

Side note: I take prescription sleeping pills. I know that if I took a pill, I would be okay to drive. Does that make it okay for everyone taking prescription sleeping pills to drive while on the pill? There needs to be rules so the idiots of the world are controlled.
/rant over
>>
>>8480610
> your body can be 50% THC
Yeah but once you hit the 15% mark you are legally designated as a marijuana crop. Like the gentleman in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO7N_zRRPo8
>>
Daily smoker here. I don't like to drive stoned, but I will if I need to. It's not a big deal. The nice thing about weed is that you can sober yourself up a bit mentally instantly. Alcohol doesn't really work that way. There's no buzzkill for alcohol. Anyway, it's not a big deal and it's all on a scale anyway. I'm not sitting around smoking a blunt by myself and driving.
>>
>>8482281
You can sober yourself up? What are you, some Tibetan master of bodily control?
>>
>>8479586
This. I take like 2.5mg of Xanax and drive all the time lmao
>>
>>8482281
>Alcohol doesn't really work that way
Bullshit. I know what you're describing, it's not as easy with alcohol as it is with weed, but you can sober yourself up (temporarily, while you're under the influence that will be your resting state, anything else is a state of forced concentration).

>>8483417
The amount of body control skill it takes is relatively low. Not like you could do it first try if you've never practiced with anything similar, but with just a little time invested here and there you can get up to that point relatively quickly. But you do have to practice. Start with basic shit like being able to move your eyebrows independently, start to learn how to "feel" your way around using your muscles and body differently than is strictly instinctive.

Perhaps not coincidentally this is easier for me while high. Recently I actually think I got one eye to look up while the other was down, trying to recreate it sober.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.