[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a neat idea, but does it have any noteworthy applications?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: unit-circle-calculator.png (10KB, 351x241px) Image search: [Google]
unit-circle-calculator.png
10KB, 351x241px
It's a neat idea, but does it have any noteworthy applications?
>>
No. Scientists made it all up to keep women put of the high paying science field. Glass ceiling baby.
>>
>tfw 3 year
>tfw i dont have the unit circle memorized
>tfw shit at trig
>>
>>8477832

Check out the entire field of AC electronics and electrics.
>>
If your lecturer wants to be a dick about mohrs circle
>>
>>8477832
Why is the diagram so inaccurately drawn?
It looks like you don't know what a tangent is!
>>
>>8477841
>don't have the unit circle memorised
What is there to memorise? It's a circle of radius 1.
>>
>>8478980
this
lmfao
>>
>>8477832
>>8477841

knowing it will make calculus way easier when you recognize an expression as the derivative/ integral of a trig function.

Also, trigonometry is used in navigation and surveying, though oddly that's with the functions they don't teach in most trig classes.
>>
>>8479018

apparently somebody thought it would be useful to memorize a few points on the unit circle to do mental trig
>>
>open pic
>tangent not even at a right angle to the hypotenuse
mods pls
>>
File: 1474569427025.png (130KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1474569427025.png
130KB, 500x545px
>>8477832
>tangent is not a tangent
>right angle is not a right angle
>even put a fucking square that's obviously not square
>comic sans for the axis labels
>capitalises cos and sin but not tan
Were I to meet you, I would strike you dead for this
>>
>>8478980
Yeah, It needs to be 90 dee
>>
File: FortheAutist.png (41KB, 1393x707px) Image search: [Google]
FortheAutist.png
41KB, 1393x707px
>>8480061
>>
It did back in the day before computers now most ppl are to lazy to do anything with out their technology.
>>
>>8480765
you do realize that tan(pi/3) is not 2, right?
>>
>>8477841
3rd year of highschool is tough isnt it?
>>
>>8477832
My fucking statics home work.....

Thanks, now i see why i should use tangent to find theta.

I needed this in my statics class work today to find a normal force that was at an angle.

FBD and other shit (two pins, one roller, and another roller at the angle)
>>
>>8478980
he marked the angle saying its 90 degrees.
thats meaningfull enough to understand whats going on
>>
Well maybe thats why it is called tangent...
>>
>>8480882
the tangent value is the length of the AC segment, which is sqrt(3)...
>>
>>8477832
this is absolutely USELESS
>>
>>8477841
literally highschool, you can even memorize just what values are in it and reason out which goes where on the spot
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.