[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw brainlets think IQ means more than accomplishments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1474004424325.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474004424325.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>mfw brainlets think IQ means more than accomplishments
>>
Well what have you accomplished anon?
>>
>>8476508
IQ is a meme. I read an article some time ago that stated that you don't have to be hyperintelligent to be a good mathematician.
>>
that's what a sub 160 IQ brainlet would say.
>>
>>8476508
what a creepy webm
>>
>>8476508
>mfw brainlets think accomplishments matter
>>
>>8476514
I have a degree in CS
>>8476518
Yup, you dont. A person's ability to discern patterns is kind of moot now that we know pattern recognition is something that can be reduced to an algorithm that a computer can follow. Likewise this means anyone can do it.
>>
>>8476583
What have you done with that degree?
>>
>>8476592
Got a job with MS as an embedded systems dev. Also your mom.
>>
>>8476583
>a computer can do it so anyone can do it
>>
>>8476604
No really. Computers only know what we let them know. The only thing they can do compute faster.
>>
>>8476597
Sounds like you have low IQ AND no accomplishments.

Sucks to suck
>>
>>8476626
Lol get a load of this guy.
The person would have to know how to program the computer themselves to know what the computer knows. Just because a human has done something doesnt mean every human is capable of doing the same.

Cringelord
>>
>>8476633
Everyone capable of addition and subtraction can do everything a computer can do. It might take them longer, but they can do it.
>>
>>8476707
I don't think anybody capable of addition and subtraction could generate 3d geographic models. You're talking out of your ass and you know it.
>>
>>8476715
Go read some sipser and then come back.
>>
>>8476715 here. The article I read compared the abilities of specific people that studied mathematics. The main topic was as I remember the importance of motivation in comparison to intelligence. Although intelligent people have significant advantages by learning quicker, the higher motivated people have long term advantages. The can link up information better, study even when they don't have to and will get a better understanding of an issue, because they learn out of interest. I myself know the differences between gifted and not gifted people, so I don't want to conclude that everyone can become math genius, but it's interesting to see how important motivation is to learn a specific topic and it shows us that we shouldn't chose our jobs/majors out of demand but instead out of a compromiss between demand/talent and motivation.
>>
>>8476519
320IQ here, can confirm all having a high IQ does is make you too depressed to function

You need a sweet-spot of intelligence and productivity; somewhere near 100-ish maybe
>>
If you have a high IQ and haven't killed yourself, you are underage b&.
>>
File: sciman.png (3KB, 218x251px) Image search: [Google]
sciman.png
3KB, 218x251px
>>8476583
>CS
Looks like you fell for the memes there, buddy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.