[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collatz Conjecture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (39KB, 311x452px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
39KB, 311x452px
http://www.academia.edu/1595051/COLLATZ_CONJECTURE_PROOF

What does /sci/ think of this?
>>
>>8474715
>connect to jewbook to download
I think you should take your faggotry somewhere else.
>>
>>8474715
Fuck man, I can't read after Lemma 1. I take number theory next semester. Can you take it down and reupload in 6 months? I got you man, I will tell you if it is correct.
>>
Every day some faggot tries to publish his "proof" and every time it's wrong.
>>
>>8474735
You can literally just scroll down
>>
>>8474746
Thanks man, I'll try to remember and probably forget.
>>
>>8474748
Nice ad hominem, faggot. Care to back it up with a counter-argument?
>>
>>8474715
I'm didn't read it but it's wrong because its either :

A.) Not even a coherent/well-formed argument

or

B.) You used the mod 6 observation to show a chain terminates with probability 1, which we already knew and isn't the same as every chain terminating
>>
>>8474784
Fuck you I'm not spending my time reading your awfully structured "proof" just to find some trivial error somewhere down the line.

Now suck my dick.
>>
>>8474870
Fuck you it's not even mine. So sad that 4chan has degenerated to the point where this is actually too much effort for you. Hardly any actual science and math is discussed here anymore. Everyone who posts genuine questions is just brushed off and called stupid for not understanding something.

Meanwhile, silly meme posts that are obviously not about real science or math get endless discussion.

It really makes you think. Maybe /sci/ is just filled with lazy autists who don't actually know much of anything and just like to pretend to be scientists on an overrated turkish basket weaving image board.
>>
>>8474906
Maybe every day some autist publishes his "complete a new proof" of the collatz conjecture and people who know their shit don't have time wading through all the idiocy and retardedness that is your level of understanding of mathematics. Kill your self.
>>
>>8474911
But you clearly have the time to keep arguing with me, Anon-kun.
>>
>>8474916
I do what I want, weeb.
>>
>collatz conjecture
So basically you're dividing an even number in half until it either becomes a factor of two, or you multiply by 3 and add one until you reach an even number that is a multiple of 2 and then continuously divide to reach one. Pretty trivial and no worthy of discussion desu. Sounds like something a 5th grader would cook up.
>>
>>8474921
Checkmate, I win.
>>
>>8474926
A cursory search would reveal that this conjecture has remained unproven since it was first proposed in the 1800s. The reason why it's interesting is how simple it is to state, but how difficult it is to prove. Some mathematicians suspect that the conjecture is actually unprovable, because similar propositions have been proven to be unprovable.
>>
File: collatz.png (32KB, 405x366px) Image search: [Google]
collatz.png
32KB, 405x366px
I wrote a program to determine if the collatz conjecture is true or not, I just need someone to fill in the missing function.

You should be able to solve this /sci/
>>
>>8474784
Nice "nice ad hominem" as a response to a post with not a single ad hominem.
>>
>>8475808
Heh, nice straw herring mate.
>>
>>8475817
Now I want strawberries, you m*therfucker!!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.