[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we quantify consciousness using technological equipment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: surface tension bee.jpg (52KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
surface tension bee.jpg
52KB, 768x960px
How can we quantify consciousness using technological equipment?
>>
You can't. It's not generated by Matter. There is no Positivist way of measuring the difference between my Consciousness and yours or between a random Human's and an Ape's. Most people have stopped trying and are now pushing the idea that Consciousness "isn't real" instead. Which is ironically the ultimate concession since even the people claiming this will readily admit that this idea does nothing to "dispel" their own Consciousness.

Consciousness is the only thing that keeps going when you look away. An irony so perfect that it's almost Divine.
>>
You cannot quantify it as you cannot quantify a computer programm interacting with the user. Both are only bunch of electrons that are interpreted through either organic or inorganic reactions. The rest is just the start of gearing which depends on how the gearing is built.
>>
>>8473621
Can't you quantify artificial intelligence? What's so difficult about translating it to binary and algorithms?
>>
>>8473667

>What's so difficult about translating it to binary and algorithms?

Exactly.
>>
>>8473485
Whenever I go on stupid shit like cleverbot I always test it with simple algebra like saying 2x+3=9 what is x and it never even attempts the problem But then again my calculator can answer me this so it just goes to show certain programs will have certain specializations. But in humans it's the same, it's just society puts certain expectations on which specializations EVERYONE is required to know in order to function in society. So intelligence is related more toward the capacity of different specializations. We can obviously make a supercomputer that's able to to multiple specializations simultaneously but it would take up a much greater volume than the human brain, so if we want to correctly identify intelligence it has to be inversely related to volume as well. The only way to truly quantify this is if you quantify the "importance" of each specialization, which is a philosophical question (and it is also a specialization too which is weird to think about).
>>
>>8473485
Figure out what all the genes involved in the brain do
Figure out the full biochemical pathways for all neurotransmitters
Figure out neuronal development
Figure out when and how neurons contact each other
Map this
And there you have it
>>
>>8473485
can't
>>
>>8473843

Epigenetics alone would make quantification impossible.
>>
>>8473901

can quantify through in vivo electrophysiology and statistical/mathematical analysis.
>>
>>8473485

>surface tension bee.jpg

Triggered
>>
>posts picture of wasp
>labels it as bee
kys
>>
>>8474338

>tfw surface tension bee is actually surface tension wasp.
>>
>>8474359

>tfw guy tells OP to suicide because entomological autist
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.