[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cg/ - Chemistry General: Picture for Ants Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1473180084273.jpg (43KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473180084273.jpg
43KB, 250x200px
Primarily for the purpose of discussing chemistry, asking chemistry related questions and showing off chemistry related pictures, videos or academic accomplishments.
>>
File: orgo.png (176KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
orgo.png
176KB, 492x492px
>>8470245
shit, I wish I had anything to discuss, or ask... or show off atm
here, have an anime girl
>>
File: 1472921874534.png (659KB, 1078x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472921874534.png
659KB, 1078x1600px
>>8470254
>shit, I wish I had anything to discuss, or ask... or show off atm
h-haha
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 658x496px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 658x496px
>>8470262
I dunno, I have written a paper on hydrolysis of ortho-alkylderivatives of aryl sulfochlorides
basically, frontal nucleophilic attack, provided sufficient water is present

disregard the disgusting visuale, pls
>>
File: Capture2.png (21KB, 649x405px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
21KB, 649x405px
>>8470277
also, large alkyl group can fucking bend the benzene ring (c. - tBu-substitued)
>>
File: Capture3.png (49KB, 641x453px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
49KB, 641x453px
>>8470285
optimized transitional states that I managed to find somewhere
>>
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene#Degradation
>Oxidation usually occurs at the tertiary carbon atom present in every repeat unit. A free radical is formed here, and then reacts further with oxygen, followed by chain scission to yield aldehydes and carboxylic acids.
Let's overdo the oxidation bit and mess around with some peroxide cleavage to see if we can create some mechanism for this. There isn't any mechanism I was able to find online, which means nobody can cheat.
>>
>>8470305
oxidation mechanism for an alkane?
ridiculous
>>
>>8470326
Dont question polymer magic
>>
>>8470277
>>8470285
>>8470288

This is really nice, anon. Link?
>>
>>8470245
must you use those stupid anime pictures
>>
>>8470582
it's not in english, though
>>
>>8470589
ya
>>
Can someone explain Hartree-Fock-Approximation as if i was an idiot which i am?
>>
Is chemistry engineering relevant?
>>
any other field that connects biology and chemistry besides biochemistry?
>>
>>8471434
molecular boilogy
>>
>>8471434
>>8471435
lel, don't forget 'chemical biology'
>>
>>8471435
>>8471437
which one would you say gets you closer to a job in the pharmaceutical industry?
>>
>>8471439
none of above
medicinal chemistry
>>
>>8471439
The people best positioned to answer that are the current hiring managers, HR shits and recruiters.

In 2006 I was present when Prof. Jeff Long literally promised several dozen first year grad students (at Cal) that the department had 'deep ties to industry' and could 'guarantee that 2/3rds of the incoming class would get industry jobs immediately upon graduating'. (With the other 1/3 going to academia.)

It was total bullshit, when those students graduated 5 years later the job market had collapsed and there were essentially no positions available.

If faculty at one of the best ranked chemistry departments in the country can't deliver, why expect 4chan to have the inside track?
>>
>>8471448
>why expect 4chan to have the inside track?
because I like to think that amidst the sea of shitposting, there's a few souls who know what they're talking about

a man can hope
>>
>>8471451
check out chemjobber
>How bad is it? How the heck should I know? Quantifying the chemistry job market is what this blog is about. That, and helping chemists find jobs.

(i don't want to put the full link b/c in the past the url has been in the banned list, a simple google search will turn it up immediately)

skip the bullshit (currently there are US pres election posts up, not something that I would have expected from reading the site years ago)
but there's still relevant content

best of luck
>>
>>8471458
thanks, bud
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.