[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/sci/ says CS is easy as fuck in uni >believe them >take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1476225746483.gif (589KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
1476225746483.gif
589KB, 245x176px
>/sci/ says CS is easy as fuck in uni
>believe them
>take shitty OO programming course in java
>get rekt
>doing fine in all other classes
>>
>>8469268
>java

>>>/g/tfo
>>
>>8469268
Same here. I might be stupid but I think it's really just that I couldn't care less about all the stupid details. And not to mention reading a cs textbook produces tangible sensations of dissociation.
>>
>>8469268
It is so easy that any nonbrainlet gets too bored trying to study it, that's why they get rekt.

>science kek
what a meme
>>
>>8469268
It's easy, you just need practice.

Intro-level programming courses are very low on rigor and theory.
>>
I passed my first CS class arriving late or not at all every day and missing 2 of the tests, if you can't pass level 1 you're probably more fit for something in the liberal arts department
>>
>>8469287
I just don't think it's my thing honestly. I'm doing absolutely fine in calc III and chemistry. I'm not majoring in CS by the way I just decided to take a programming class.
>>
>>8469268

it's easy if you've spent years fucking with this shit as a hobby. but if you got rekt by a java course you're probably retarded, op.
>>
>>8469291
desu I've always had trouble in calc
people I have different thought patterns I suppose
>>
>>8469291
You're a plug and chug brainlet who can't actually form coherent thoughts on their own. I see guys like you all the time.
>>
>>8469313
Funny considering I write great essays. You're probably just a butthurt code monkey rajeet.
>>
>>8469337
How do you quantify whether your essays are great or not? In math and science, there is a tangible correct answer to a problem that we can all agree upon, but with essays that's all a matter of personal preference. Do you seriously trust your english teachers opinion? She's just blowing smoke up your ass. CS is just memorization and application of logic. It requires creativity to make your program efficient, but for an intro course that is not at all a requirement to pass. You are a brainlet.
>>
>>8469337
Any monkey can be trained to write effectively, that has nothing to do with this discussion.
>>
>>8469374
That's not why I was calling him a brainlet. Programming, even on the introductory level, requires that you understand a process so well that you can tell something as dumb as a computer how to do it. If you've never been forced into this mindset before it can be extremely difficult to get started, and the kinds of people who have never been forced into this mindset are the same kinds that breeze through math classes by memorizing formulas and never think much more deeply than that.
>>
>>8469291
>>8469306
>Calculus
Isn't that something you learn in highschool?
>>
>>8469268
I'm the opposite, breezed through CS courses and struggled in Calculus. The difference for me was that math homework felt like a chore and CS shit was more like a hobby.
>>
>>8469268
I have the same problem but since I have never done anything with computers earlier I am not surprised. Programming needs a special kind of thinking that you just have to get used to, have patience.
>>
>>8469642

underage gtfo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.